Move

Move 2.11.0

doxzilla

Found another odd behaviour: If you have the a Move transition specified for scenes using the Transition Override Matrix plugin, and have a transition other than that specific Move selected in the Scene Transitions Dock, it will play the transition animation and then revert back to the previous scene and lock out the Scene Transitions drop-down box.

Surge42

Exeldro, thanks very much for you hard work on this script. Can I assume that it is not possible to assign different motion and easing parameters for different scenes? In other words it looks like you choose one type of easing and one motion path and it gets applied to all. Am I correct?

Exeldro

@Surge42 You can make multiple move transitions and give them all other settings, just give them useful names to tell them apart.
Different transitions per scene item is not possible at the moment. I have an idea for it and will try and implement it this week.

The idea is a "move transition override filter", that would allow you to set a filter on a source that lets you override some move transition settings just for that source.

Exeldro

Preview of the new move transition override filter properties:
1586957297430.png

Exeldro

In the attachment a test version so people can test it before I release it.
Edit: released version 1.1.0

Last edited:

Exeldro

Exeldro updated Move transition with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0

Warning: properties have changed since version 1.0.x this resets some settings.

• Split easing and curve properties for matched items, appearing items and disappearing items.
    Now you can give appearing items an other curve and easing than disappearing items.
  • Added a override filter.
    You can use this filter on a source or a scene.
    If you use it on a source the override is used on all the scenes the source is used in.
    If you use it on a scene you can select the source of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

schirmeier

The description says the plugin also works on Linux; however, only Windows and MacOS builds are available. Could you give me a hint how to properly build this plugin for Linux?
Moving it to obs-studio/plugins/ and modifying their CMakeLists.txt with +add_subdirectory(obs-move-transition) builds a .so, but a) feels wrong and b) I can't get it to load by moving it to ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/obs-move-transition/bin/.

Exeldro

The description says the plugin also works on Linux; however, only Windows and MacOS builds are available. Could you give me a hint how to properly build this plugin for Linux?
Moving it to obs-studio/plugins/ and modifying their CMakeLists.txt with +add_subdirectory(obs-move-transition) builds a .so, but a) feels wrong and b) I can't get it to load by moving it to ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/obs-move-transition/bin/.
The way you did it is the way I build it, but instead of "obs-move-transition" use "move-transition"

dungi

I testet this plugin some days now and it works very good for scenes that have the same source in it.

But If I add some new fullscreen sources in the background the z-values overlaps through the animation (example: GameScene with Game in Background overlaps webcam and than it goes behind the webcam) and it glitches sometimes.

Exeldro

I like the idea of adding z-value or layers for items.
At the moment there are sort of 3 layers. If transitioning from scene a to scene b:

first half of transitionsecond half of transition
layer 1matched items scene amatched items scene b
layer 2items scene bitems scene a
layer 3items scene aitems scene b

Within the layer the items are in order of the scene they coming from.

Last edited:

shibetpc

I'm attempting to build on linux as well. Did you have success? If so, can you share the commands/process you used? Thanks :)

Exeldro

@shibetpc to build this plugin you need to do an in tree build. So make sure you can build obs first. Check out the move transition repository to plugins/move-transition and add "add_subdirectory(text-freetype2)" to plugins/CMakeLists.txt. Next build and run.