Move

Move 2.11.0

Atrixium

For what it's worth, I was able to get this working on Linux Mint 19, here's what I did:

Download source and untar into folder
Install dependencies listed here: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions#debian-based-build-directions
Download move-transition source and untar to <source Folder>/plugins/move-transition
Modify <source folder>/plugins/CMakeLists.txt by adding add_subdirectory(move-transition) to the end of the file
Navigate to source root and run mkdir build && cd build
Run cmake -DUNIX_STRUCTURE=1 ..
make -j8 (I used -j8 because I have an 8 core processor, set the number to your number of cores/threads)
Patiently wait for compile
Navigate to <source Folder>/plugins/move-transition and copy move-transition.so to ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/move-transition/bin/64bit/ and Data subdirectory to ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/move-transition/
Profit?

Now that I've leaped through the hoops I can start enjoying the plugin! Thanks Exeldro for putting this together, hopefully these instructions help some of my fellow Linux users also enjoy it!

Dummi303

Probably a simple one here. I simply need for the "movement", in this case a slow zoom, or L to R pan to occur whenever a "scene" is selected. Anything? Need it to be fully automated, no hot keys. Right now I'm using Advance Scene Switcher to do the auto switching.

Maestro

First of all, thank you so much, your plugin is like the best thing ever. You know what else would be cool? Same animations of sources when they become visible and before they become hidden. I know that there's a workaround by creating duplicate of scene and people kinda used to this. Not me, cuz I like to move my webcam with different games and it kinda ruins this aproach for me. So if you could add this feature, this would solve everything that's wrong with OBS right now.

Maestro

@Maestro You can use the move source filter to move sources in and out of the canvas instead of changing the visibility of source.
Wow, this actually solves everything. There's only one thing that causes problems for me - hotkeys. I use Stream Deck to trigger hotkeys. And for some reason hotkey doesn't trigger if any program is in focus, including OBS. I tried different hotkeys. I have to make sure that I clicked on Windows taskbar to unfocus everything before pressing key on Stream Deck. Not a big deal, I can live with that cuz I'm running 2 PC setup. But it would be great if you could add new events for "move source" filters - trigger on hotkey / trigger when source becomes visible / trigger before hiding source.

/add
Just found out that starting Stream Deck software as administrator solves this issue. Nvm, hotkeys are fine.

Last edited:

I3ordo

move sources filter start trigger add enable option Version 1.3.0 Add option to start move source on activate, deactivate, show or hide.(edited)

these changes can help with delayed move-transition effect?

i would love to have chained transitions so that A go to X wait there then go to Y wait there and go to Z and wait there then go somewhere else

Dummi303

Exeldro... YOU sir... are a genius! Love this plugin!.. ESPECIALLY after today's changes! Quick request, Is there any way to add a "Start Get Transform" into the "Move Source" filter? That way I can set a start point on the source. Workflow = 1. Scene activated (by whatever switching method, I'm currentlhy using AdvScene Switcher), 2. the source (scene) gets positioned to the "start position". 3. movment proceeds until the "end transfrom" point. = Bad Ass!

Dummi303

or... OR.... A simple "loop" button? Basically I just need it to look like the camera is constantly in some sort of motion.

toplachi

Follow up:
I also experience OBS freezing during streaming after updating move transition from v0.1.0 to 1.2.3 .... I revert back to v0.1.0 to see if it was the plug-in that could be causing it, all worked good aside from the crop/motion bug. I test versions 1.2.0 & 1.1.4 and experienced freezing again. I installed v1.0.0 and now on 1.0.2 and now running without the freezing. I think I need to try 1.0.5. Looks like it was the fix for the video still playing even it is already in preview or not active while on studio mode.

I am running on an windows server 2008 r2 OS
i7 Processer
16gb RAM
Intel HD graphics built in from the motherboard

I installed v1.4.0 and haven't encountered freezing yet... Probably the update on v1.2.8 fixed it. Thank you very much!

IGA

Hey there, I'm REALLY new to OBS, and by default super new to this particular plugin; but definitely not new to streaming.

I hope this is the proper way to post a bug I've run into using the Move Transition plugin─or at least I believe it's a bug.

So, I've been able to add this Effects Filter to sources I want to move, but it doesn't seem to work on Scene Sources.

So, I have a Scene named "(CAM) Cell - B&W on TV", and in that scene is one source, one of my web cams named "Low Cam"─added as a Video Capture Device Source.

In another scene named "Cell" I have the scene "(CAM) Cell - B&W on TV" added as a Scene Source.

When in the Scene "Cell", I try and apply this Move Transition effect to the Scene Source "(CAM) Cell - B&W on TV", but the Move Transition plugin doesn't take notice to the changes I'm making to it. The plugin, instead, wants me to make changes to the web cam source, "Low Cam", in the actual Scene "(CAM) Cell - B&W on TV".

Is this a bug, or am I just messin up? If it is a bug, are there plans to make this work soon in the future?

If you're curious as to why I need my web cam in its own scene, read on...
=============================================================

Now, you might be asking yourself, "Why do you have your web cam embedded by itself in its own scene?". Well that's bc I have many scenes that use the exact same web cam, but all require different effects added to them. So, I can't directly apply a filter to the web cam source. I need to add the filters to scenes that contain the web cam source.

Exeldro

@IGA I tried to replicate the issue you are describing, but everything seems to be working fine for me. Can you provide a video of the issue and a OBS log file?

IGA

@IGA I tried to replicate the issue you are describing, but everything seems to be working fine for me. Can you provide a video of the issue and a OBS log file?

@Exeldro I've attached a log file of my current sessions, and here's a link to a video explaining the issue to make it easier :D

Please let me know when you've downloaded the video so I can delete it. Thank you!

Attachments

• LOG-2020-05-23 00-41-09.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 19