Move

Move 2.11.0

tgis

Hey,
I ran into issues. For some reason when I use the 2.7.0 Installer which is marked for Version 25.0 or newer (I'm on 27.2.4) it's not loaded and the log files have the following entry:
16:34:49.820: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/move-transition.dll' not loaded
Help is appreciated :)

Edit:
My System is Windows 11 x64 and I have a custom installation directory set to "D:\OBS Studio\obs-studio".
I tried manual install and the windows installer

LeBlux

Hi exeldro
thanks for all your awesome plugins
I was asking myself if a " Pause " filter in adition to move source / move value could be doable , that way we could pause a a move Duration , would need to be triggered again to continue the actual move ...

Pause filter would be usable only if a move source or move value is already set , and it would look for other moves to trigger it ...
that would be really great !

I use it for the spotify to streamer bot extension for the progress bar , the only issue is if I pause the current song, It keep moving until the end of the duration ...

DocMurdoc

@darkos for OBS 27 use version 2.6.1 or lower of move transition
Thank You Exeldro, I ran into this problem that I downloaded the newest version of the Move Transition and lost all my existing Move Transitions and I could not figure out why... I was on OBS 27.2.4 and not 28. Keep up the GREAT work you do for the community.

MartinBrieger

There is a slight inconvenience I experienced with TransitionMove, but that might as well exist with other plug-ins.
If you have a Hot-Key (Say "1") and you change a numeric value in TransitionMove containing "1" the HotKey gets triggered and OBS crashes. OBS 28, latest UBUNTU.
Further - and maybe I have just not been able to figure that out yet - a really cool thing would be to stop a scene. Stop or Pause.
The auto run feature when loading OBS is (for me) annoying as heck.
The point of a Pause or Stop would be to insert additional Moves or Filters at that Point of a Scene, resize Windows and what have you.

MartinBrieger

Hi exeldro
thanks for all your awesome plugins
I was asking myself if a " Pause " filter in adition to move source / move value could be doable , that way we could pause a a move Duration , would need to be triggered again to continue the actual move ...

Pause filter would be usable only if a move source or move value is already set , and it would look for other moves to trigger it ...
that would be really great !

I use it for the spotify to streamer bot extension for the progress bar , the only issue is if I pause the current song, It keep moving until the end of the duration ...
I second the Pause. That would be truly helpful.

reddprime

Hi all, This has probably already been answered, but I am not finding it.
I use the move transition to move between my normal webcam and a larger version.

Can someone walk me through how to get this right with the updates?
Running the latest version of the plugin and OBS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 31

Grumtastic

Hi all, This has probably already been answered, but I am not finding it.
I use the move transition to move between my normal webcam and a larger version.

Can someone walk me through how to get this right with the updates?
Running the latest version of the plugin and OBS.
Add a "Move Source" filter to the Scene containing the source you want to transform.
Put the Source in the enlarged position, and click Get Transform.
Reset the Source back to its original smaller position.

Optional:
In the actions section change Next Move to Reverse
Next Move on to Hotkey
Every time you activate the filter, the source will toggle between both positions, but you must leave it at the smaller position before you leave the scene, or create a reset filter.

Hope that helps?

Grumtastic

I was experimenting with an idea to create a firework animation using the Move Value random transform on a Move Source to put the firework in random positions on the screen. I can set the Min/Max values but they don't seem to change anything. Am I doing it wrong?

Chip_Brewster

I have been using an older version of this for quite a while, but with my update to OBS 28 I went through and updated all of my plugins. Now OBS / the move transition is reading a scene source as two different sources. It was not doing this in whatever previous version I was using. Now all of my nested scenes disappear and appear every scene change... Did a setting change that I missed or is this a bug / error? I LOVE this tool (and pretty much everything Exeldro does!) and I definitely want to keep using it!

Zedlog

For OBS 28 it is a scam. All Files of Installer or Manual is not for the new ProgramData folder. OBS 28 read only on this.

Grumtastic

There is version off this plugin to Streamlabs OBS? or something alike?
Unfortunately, Streamlabs doesn't allow plugins (unless you want to pay a subscription for them). You can either try taking it up with them or do what I did and make the transition to OBS Studio, which is what Streamlabs was originally based on.
Given you can import Streamlabs into OBS Studio, why not give it a try and see if you like the land of free plugins?
If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it and carry on using Streamlabs. :)

reddprime

Add a "Move Source" filter to the Scene containing the source you want to transform.
Put the Source in the enlarged position, and click Get Transform.
Reset the Source back to its original smaller position.

Optional:
In the actions section change Next Move to Reverse
Next Move on to Hotkey
Every time you activate the filter, the source will toggle between both positions, but you must leave it at the smaller position before you leave the scene, or create a reset filter.

Hope that helps?
putting "move source" filter on the scene, is done.
I am not sure what you mean with get transform, there is nothing that appears for me with that option. The webcam is on on scene, then there are two scenes with the difference size webcams, do I do that on those two?

CrimsonInfernox

Hi @Exeldro, this looks great but I'm having a bit of trouble with installation, sorry if there's a FAQ for this somewhere, I'm not used to this forum.
1667216750220.png

I think I've followed your setup instructions correctly but when I look on OBS 28 to add a transition all I have are Fade, Cut, Global Transition and Stinger. I've installed it in what I believe is the correct path so from here I'm struggling to see what I have done wrong.

1667216840700.png

Attachments

• 2022-10-31 11-46-25.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 12

CrimsonInfernox

Hi @Exeldro, this looks great but I'm having a bit of trouble with installation, sorry if there's a FAQ for this somewhere, I'm not used to this forum.
View attachment 88198

I think I've followed your setup instructions correctly but when I look on OBS 28 to add a transition all I have are Fade, Cut, Global Transition and Stinger. I've installed it in what I believe is the correct path so from here I'm struggling to see what I have done wrong.

View attachment 88199
Worked it out, my C:/ folder path wasn't correct, tweaked the installation path and it worked. Sorry for the ping.

Grumtastic

putting "move source" filter on the scene, is done.
I am not sure what you mean with get transform, there is nothing that appears for me with that option. The webcam is on on scene, then there are two scenes with the difference size webcams, do I do that on those two?
Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Get Transform is on the filter options. Physically move the source where you want it to go, and click Get Transform (this is now recorded).
Move the source back to its starting position.

When you trigger the Move, the source always moves to the recorded position.

You may create 2 separate Move filters for both positions, or you can get it to toggle by using the Reverse option down the bottom of the filter settings.

Hope that helps

RoyceRemix

@Exeldro First of all, this plugin is amazing, and the degree of flexibility you've built in is fantastic. Thank you so much for your work on it!

One question: How difficult would it be to add a feature to "return to last?" So every time a move source filter moves a source, it first stores the starting transforms, and if then another filter is set to "return to last" (rather than a specific transform) it goes to the saved ones. This would be great for being able to freely move a source around by hand in obs, and then have it able to go to a preset location and also return (without having to set up a specific filter for every new location) Thanks for your time and hard work