Move

Move 2.11.0

nicotek

Hi, if I try to activate "move value" it stays off ie eye closed I can't activate it in any way is it a bug?
obs64_l0RQaOeC1F.jpg

Videobuff

Hi Exeldro, As mentioned previously I LOVE the move filter. Unfortunately, I'm still having the problem where the move sources stop working for no apparent reason. This mainly occurs when I shut down the PC and restart, although it doesn't happen every time. Other time, they just stop working as soon as I exit OBS, but again, not every time. I can resolve the issue by redoing the move sources within the scenes, but its a real pain having to do this over and over. I'm at a loss as to why its happening and why the move source transitions simply stop working. Below is a link to my log file taken just now. I'd really appreciate why this is happening to I can fix it permanently as it is becoming more and more frustrating as I add more and more Scenes and sources. Would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/d98V7tOcHK1lwY3G
Thoughts anyone? Any help is appreciated. I love the Move Source plugin so would love to be able to solve the problem I have where the move sources stop working as described above. Help..please! :)

craqgerbil

@craqgerbil the timing of the move is used for the easing. Do you need other timings?
the other motion plugin had a Bezier move path you could set control points on to modify the motion, which looking at it again it isn't the same. However, my main issue is with the "back" easing, it is the one that overshoots and returns to the position you set. I feel it overshoots too much, I would like some finer control to the easing other than one setting for each. Possibly leave the current ones and have a custom curve option? Maybe a scale option? I don't know exactly how it works.

Also could we get the easings split, so if you choose ease-in we get option to set an ease-out too. If I wanted the ease-in to be back and ease-out to be bounce (basically a wind up to move and a bounce at the end) I haven't found a way to do this.

craqgerbil

the other motion plugin had a Bezier move path you could set control points on to modify the motion, which looking at it again it isn't the same. However, my main issue is with the "back" easing, it is the one that overshoots and returns to the position you set. I feel it overshoots too much, I would like some finer control to the easing other than one setting for each. Possibly leave the current ones and have a custom curve option? Maybe a scale option? I don't know exactly how it works.

Also could we get the easings split, so if you choose ease-in we get option to set an ease-out too. If I wanted the ease-in to be back and ease-out to be bounce (basically a wind up to move and a bounce at the end) I haven't found a way to do this.

I should note that I am using the Move Source filter. The transitions I don't have as much of a problem with, though I am guessing it is the same system and it could improve transitions too.

Videobuff

Thoughts anyone? Any help is appreciated. I love the Move Source plugin so would love to be able to solve the problem I have where the move sources stop working as described above. Help..please! :)
I'll go check YouTube and ask there and see if I can get any help. Thanks.

jahnpahl

I used the Windows Installer to install the plugin. I can see it in OBS but everytime I try to 'Get Transform' nothing changes and no movement happens when I press the 'eye'. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The 'Move Source' filter is on a 'Main Cam' scene with my webcam in it selected as the source. Everything else is default.

edit: it works if I just type in random numbers for the values, but obviously this would be too hard to do if I'm planning to do a lot of transitions.

GrumpyDog

I used the Windows Installer to install the plugin. I can see it in OBS but everytime I try to 'Get Transform' nothing changes and no movement happens when I press the 'eye'. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The 'Move Source' filter is on a 'Main Cam' scene with my webcam in it selected as the source. Everything else is default.

edit: it works if I just type in random numbers for the values, but obviously this would be too hard to do if I'm planning to do a lot of transitions.

It sounds like you are configuring it wrong. Have you tried following with a help video (YouTube) such as from Andilippi?

When I initially set it up it would not work either. Turned out I did it wrong. There are a lot of settings that has to be configured correctly.

The first step would be to add a filter for each position (layout) you want. Then test it with the button and then set up hotkeys.

GrumpyDog

1) Create A new test Collection (call it 'Test')

2) Create a New Scene

3) Add a new source, make it a 'colour source' (just for testing)

4) Now right click on the scene 'Test' and click on 'Filter' and add new filter 'Move Source' by click the '+'

5) Name the filter 'Full' (just for testing)

6) In the filter settings,

a) select the source 'colour source'
b) Check the check box 'Transform'
c) Now right click on the 'colour source' in the 'Sources' and click 'Fit to Screen'
d) Turn your focus back to 'Filter' Settings and click on 'Get transform'
e) Scroll down all the way to 'Actions' and on 'Next Move On' select 'Hotkey'

This is the first layout done!

With the filters window still open:

7) add new filter 'Move Source' by click the '+'

8) Name the filter 'Left' (just for testing)

9) In the filter settings,

a) select the source 'colour source'
b) Check the check box 'Transform'
c) Now right click on the 'colour source' in the preview window and scale it to fit only the upper left quadrant of the screen
d) Turn your focus back to 'Filter' Settings and click on 'Get transform'
e) Scroll down all the way to 'Actions' and on 'Next Move On' select 'Hotkey'

10) Now if you click between the 'Eye' of the two filter there should be a move action.

Sample.jpg

ProducerSean

Hey @Exeldro I am running OS 10.14.6 and OBS 26.1.2 - attempted to install the plugin, the install seems successful but the "move" transition is not appearing anywhere in OBS. Anything I should know about installing the plugin on Mac to make it show up and ready to use? Thanks!

Tommapika

I am haveing the same problem. Tried following guides on youtube and the tips here, but the "Get Transform" Button does nothing.
Did you find a solution?

craqgerbil

I am haveing the same problem. Tried following guides on youtube and the tips here, but the "Get Transform" Button does nothing.
Did you find a solution?
you need a Move Source filter for each position you want it to move to, the Get Transform button sets it as current state, make a second Move Source and move the thing you want to move to a new position then click Get Transform
Now when you click the eye it should move to one or the other depending on which one you click

Meierhans

imho the fastest way:
- Setup first Move Source filter to desired target layer, ruff transition time & 'Next Move On' Hotkey
- Copy & Paste this filter (directly in filter list, no need for Copy Filters on scene)
- Press F2 to rename to proper name while it is still selected.
- Scale, move and rotate target to matching to name you just have given it.
- Press 'Get transform' to save transformation into this filter instance.

Continue doing so until you have all move targets you need, then quickly zapp trough the instances, and adjust timing and other details if needed, then assign to hotkeys. You will quickly learn what you want to setup in first filter to apply to all copies, and what you better setup per copy. And you might join my prayer for larger popup window, so all of this can be done wihout scrolling down each time.
;-)

Exeldro

Exeldro updated Move transition with a new update entry:

Version 2.4.0

• support OBS version 27 source transitions
  • move source transform show either scale or bounds, depending on the bounding box type
  • move source transform relative possible per transform setting
    pos: x+0.0 y+0.0 rot:+0.0 scale: x*1.000 y*1.000 crop: l*0 t*0 r+0 b+0
    • x 1.0 move x to the fixed value of 1.0
    • x+1.0 move x to the current value of x + 1.0
    • x-1.0 move x to the current value of x - 1.0...

Read the rest of this update entry...