Move

Move 2.12.0

wolfi.anor

@Exeldro I think I found a bug in Version 2.3.4 - something that didn't happen in earlier Versions (2.1.x).

Two Scenes (in this example, Source BBB is the "connecting" Element:

Source AAA and CCC is something with the size 1920x1080
Source BBB is something 1920x1080 in Scene B, but bigger in Scene A (Factor 3.75 in Size).

Scene A contains:

1. Source AAA
2. Source BBB

Scene B contains:

1. Source BBB
2. Source CCC

If in Scene A and Scene B, all Sources are visible.

If in Scene A Source AAA is visible, the Move-Transistion is not working, if in Scene A Source AAA is invisible/disabled, then the Move-Transition works.

If in Scene A Source AAA is visible and changes place with Source BBB (also visible), that works. If now in Scene B Source BBB (visible) changes place with Source CCC (visible), it also doesn't work.

Looks like this behavior is when the Sources above the Transition-Sources (in my case: Source BBB) is something that is exactly the same size as the whole canvas (in my case 1920x1080).

I changed AAA in size to 1820x980 and discovered: the transition would work, but the visual disabling of Source AAA as part of the transition (Transition duration: 600ms) is too slow (Takes over a second).

It doesn't matter if Source AAA is a real source, a nested source, or a source created with Source Mirror (part of StreamFX) - the behavior is the same.

If you ask why I use this: I created a BBB with a Webcam with a frame, Scene B is an In-Game scene (and Move-Transition delivers in there via Move-Source Filter several Webcam-Positions with Source BBB). Scene A is a Full-Cam, so the tiny Source BBB gets pumped up (and with Move-Source Filter again pinned at this pumped up possition). But besides that the quality is lost with the resize to big, Source BBB has also the Frame. So I put in the past Source AAA (the same webcam that is used in Source BBB, but in its original size 1920x1080 and without a frame) on top of Source BBB for Scene A, and it worked. Source CCC is a nested scene of a game.

As I create stuff for others (and these don't change or update anything if not needed or if I say its ok), my last work was in October 2020, and there it worked. Now I built up a new Scene Collection from scratch, and discovered that it doesn't work anymore.

Would be cool if that works again, it was a nice unique way for a transition.

Exeldro

@wolfi.anor it sounds like wrong source matching to me, what matching settings have you set on the move transition and in move transition override filters?

wolfi.anor

First: thanks for the response.

My scenes and the Transition-Properties for Move are attached. I use your Transition Table plugin to say Scene A and Scene B is using Move as transition, with 600ms duration. I have no move transition override as filter configured.

The transition element which is both in both Scenes is "[Nested] Webcam - In-Game", and regardless if its a Source Mirror (StreamFX) or a nested Scene, the behavior is the same.

"[Nested] Webcam - In-Game" is nothing else as a empty 1920x1080 with another nested scene (a scaled down Webcam where I use your Move-Source Filter to have defined positions on the screen (with hotkeys)). And this scene is nested in as element in Scene B. I use the same scene "[Nested] Webcam - In-Game" in Scene A, I use the same hotkeys and Move-Source-Filters as in "[Nested] Webcam - In-Game", but in Scene A each position will be upscaled and positioned so regardless what hotkey I'm pressing (and where the position in "[Nested] Webcam - In-Game" is used), the same source in Scene A will always have: I'm the upscaled webcam,using the full canvas.

I played around a bit, and I think the problem is not the transition (I resized in Scene A the source above "[Nested] Webcam - In-Game" into 1820x980 and discovered that the source above - "[Nested] Webcam Full"- is not fast enough with getting blended out when switching from Scene A to B, and it is not slow enough when switching back from Scene B to Scene A.

But in an older version of Move-Transition, this constellation did work (in fact, I did copy the same settings as in the old config and made a new Scene Collection).

Attachments

• Scene_A.JPG
    Scene_A.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Scene_B.JPG
    Scene_B.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Move-Properties.JPG
    Move-Properties.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 54

jerryknight

I'm also running into a source matching issue, and I haven't been able to find any help by searching. I'm assuming that I'm just doing something wrong.

I'm trying to make a transition from a full-screen camera view to a picture-in-picture view. My current test case is extremely simple: two scenes, each with the same two sources ("Video Capture Device" and "Test Image"), and the second scene has the two sources resized and arranged. The Move Transition doesn't appear to be matching any of my source names between the two scenes, so the only moves I get are the appear and disappear moves.

The very first time I installed Move Transition on my Mac, it worked perfectly, but I changed something (I'm not sure what) and it stopped matching sources, and when I tried it on a fresh OBS installation on Windows, it never worked for me. I've tried various ways to name all of the sources, using all of the matching options.

Any advice or things to check? Is there any way to debug how it's matching the source names?

Sky2k

I love this plugin but would like to be able to use the Move Value to change the Transform location of a Move Source and right now I can't.

darkhelmet

Possible Move Source filter bug. See screen shot.
The transform value in the filter is a whole number, but the final transform output has the x and y values swapped and in the decimal place.

Attachments

• position.jpg
    position.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 42

darkhelmet

I love this plugin but would like to be able to use the Move Value to change the Transform location of a Move Source and right now I can't.
make sure Bounding Box Type matches. that's something that has gotten me in the past. if thats not it, then not sure.

Exeldro

@darkhelmet the screenshot looks correct to me, the bounding box type is set to no bounding box, so the size is the original size of the source times the scale (0.333)

darkhelmet

ohhh when there is no bounding box, it does math on the scale to get the size. i see. i turned bounding box back on and set to my desired size with a scale of 1.0 and now it works fine. thanks for that info!

uncorked

Hello, I have a problem: I have three scenes. On scene A, I have my webcam. On scene B, I have a window capture. And on scene C, I have both sources one next to other.
When I go from scene A to scene C, everything is OK. The same is for going from scene C to B and from B to C.
But when I go from scene C back to A, the transition doesn't work, it only cuts between the scenes. I've found a solution: when I change the capture method of the window capture to BitBlt (Windows 7 and newer), the transition works OK. But with this method, I can't capture Mozilla Firefox, so it isn't OK for me.
Am I doing something wrong, or is that a bug of the plugin?

Videobuff

Hi Exeldro, As mentioned previously I LOVE the move filter. Unfortunately, I'm still having the problem where the move sources stop working for no apparent reason. This mainly occurs when I shut down the PC and restart, although it doesn't happen every time. Other time, they just stop working as soon as I exit OBS, but again, not every time. I can resolve the issue by redoing the move sources within the scenes, but its a real pain having to do this over and over. I'm at a loss as to why its happening and why the move source transitions simply stop working. Below is a link to my log file taken just now. I'd really appreciate why this is happening to I can fix it permanently as it is becoming more and more frustrating as I add more and more Scenes and sources. Would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/d98V7tOcHK1lwY3G

Starcoma

I'm having problems where OBS is crashing either when I go to close the program anyway, or mid-stream. Here is the most recent crash report.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-03-18 19-20-00.txt
    150 KB · Views: 20

DannyTDG

Hi there folks Having a slight problem with this plugin:
Happens both with the normal method of putting the files into the obs folder or using the installer download...
Once the plugin files are on or the installer is done and i go to open obs it does nothing or only opens for a second or two, works fine if i delete the files from this plugin, dont even get a crash report.

Any help would be grateful, im on Obs studio version 26.1.1 (64bit)

AlexDicy

Hi! I'm having a problem with scene filters, here's my setup:
1616163721685.png

(By the way, I used the arrow button to move the last filter to the top and OBS froze)
Filter -> Move transition override: only changed Appearing & Disappearing items for item "Background"
1616163814023.png

Zoom and Position set to No and None to stop the plugin from moving the Background.

Filter -> Move Background - Exit
1616163962981.png
1616163981462.png

1616163989672.png

When I click Start it does indeed zoom the Background But the start trigger does not work
I have tried any combination of "Start Trigger" with and without "Filter only enabled when moving" but when I change scene, the background is not zoomed it (so the filter does not start immediately)

The enter transition works just fine with "Start Trigger" set to "Activate"
But the exit transition does not trigger with "Dectivate", "Hide", "Source Deactivare", "Source Hide" when changing scenes.

It does activate however because when I re-open the scene the background is already zoomed in, but it doesn't activate when switching to another scene, instead it triggers when it has already switched.

My goal is to trigger the Exit transition as soon as I click to change scene. Is there any way to achieve that?
Thank you very much.

rnng.wif.sizrs

@Exeldro Thank you for this great plugin.

I am attempting to use it as an ePTZ solution. I have setup several scene filters to move the video source left, right, up, down, zoom in, zoom out. I can get it to work for small movements by relatively changing the respective position / scale values. I am triggering the filters with hotkeys. This works, but it is small movements and I have to repeatedly hit the hotkey to continue to pan or zoom further.

I'd like to set the movements to the extremes of the source (source is larger than the canvas). I set this up and attempted to stop the movement with another scene filter to move relative, setting all values to 0 and triggered on another hotkey. The problem is that the pan / zoom filter continues until it's duration. I need to be able to end the pan / zoom filter when the "stop" filter in triggered.

Another option would be to run each filter "while hotkey is pressed".

Any ideas on how to do this as-is? Would it be possible to add this feature?

I've attached the scene collection that I started.

Thank you

ePTZ.PNG

Attachments

• ePTZ_Scene.zip
    2 KB · Views: 23

Sky2k

make sure Bounding Box Type matches. that's something that has gotten me in the past. if thats not it, then not sure.

I am trying to get the move value to change the move source filter Transform value the options available are:
Start Delay
Blank (Blank is what is shown, it is actually the duration value)
End Delay
Curve
Difference/Position (under the visibility section of the Move Source value)

I want to have the ability to change the transform value.

craqgerbil

Hey Exeldro just found your plugin the other day, loving it so far. I would help if there were more tutorials around lol.
I was just wondering, is there any way to adjust timings on the easing functions?