Move

Move 2.12.0

Videobuff

Unfortunately the issue remains for me and the move transitions from some of the sources stopped working after I restarted the PC, even though they were all working before the restart. For some reason, the issue doesn't always occur with every source in the scene, but it seems to occur randomly. One minute it's the Cam source that stops working, another time it's the Window Capture source that stops working, other times it's both sources. Seems to mainly happen when I exit OBS or shut down PC and then restart and log back in.
UPDATE: I've noticed two things, not sure if they are any help to anyone in helping me solve the issue I have . (1) If I only have one scene in the Scene Collection the issue occurs less often and (2) The issue occurs more often whenever I change from one Scene Collection to another and then back again. If I just stay in the scene where I've set the move transitions then I never have a problem, it always works. So something funny is happening whenever I move about between scenes or scene collections to cause move transition settings to be somehow forgotten. I'll keep trying :)

MorhenWolf

Greetings! I am trying to use the Move transition for a hide/unhide my webcam with nicer transition instead of the boring "hide" and "show". I have a weird bug(maybe because of my settings or the plugin itself). When I close the OBS with the webcam visible on screen and restart OBS, if I try to trigger the move source with the hotkey, it needs to be pressed twice, before I can use it normally with only 1 click. If I am closing OBS with the webcam in the "hidden" position, and try to "show" it, it works straight away. I have two move sources, one that move the webcam out of the screen, another that brings it back, I can give you more details if you need, I'm trying for some time to fix this with no success :(

PixelBeardQc

@Exeldro Regarding audio move filter.

I recently used it on a browser source audio comming from OBS Ninja. The voice and mouth was synced but the filter was way behind and on my own voice (from my microphone audio source, its ahead of the video. Any idea how to solve/mitigate the issue?

Videobuff

UPDATE: I've noticed two things, not sure if they are any help to anyone in helping me solve the issue I have . (1) If I only have one scene in the Scene Collection the issue occurs less often and (2) The issue occurs more often whenever I change from one Scene Collection to another and then back again. If I just stay in the scene where I've set the move transitions then I never have a problem, it always works. So something funny is happening whenever I move about between scenes or scene collections to cause move transition settings to be somehow forgotten. I'll keep trying :)
Still not solved the above issue unfortunately, the move source transitions I apply to scenes continuously stop working after relatively short periods of time......for no reason I can find. obviously something is causing the move transitions to be forgotten, but I have been unable to determine what or why. This has completely stopped me in my tracks and is fast becoming a show stopper for me. Any advise on how I might solve this? Is anyone else having similar issues with move source? All help gladfully appreciate :)

Starfia

Exeldro – I've just found out about your amazing work; thank you on behalf of the community. I've spent the last day experimenting and reading through this thread to understand the history and depth of this plug-in.

I'm seeing one glitch – the same problem I think this person mentioned last April: sometimes the destination scene's sources are drawn for one frame in their final positions at the start of the transition. This is a pretty basic usage: all I've done is chosen the global Move transition and configured non-matching sources to fade rather than zoom. As you can see in this example, the flicker happens to occur the second time I return to my Home scene. Any insight about this, or am I doing something wrong?

Exeldro

@Starfia thank you for the video showing the bug, is that with the latest version of OBS and move transition? Does it always happen on the second time returning to the home scene? Does it depend on the small time between the transitions?

Starfia

@Exeldro – Thank you for noticing the question. I'm using OBS 26.1.2 and Move Transition 2.3.4. The video illustrated that the glitch doesn't appear every time, but I've experimentally switched back and forth between those scenes about 30 times and the glitch appeared in 28 of those. (When the glitch doesn't appear, it could even just be OBS dropping that frame – for all I can tell, the glitch might actually be present every time.) I've tried varying the time I waited before switching, but I can't find any repeatable effect there either.

MichaKü

Hello,

Unfortunately I can't add a move transission.... I started the exe installer, but there is no plus sign in the transitions. What am I doing wrong?

transissions.jpg
View attachment 68323

Micha

juans16

I need help. My Obs keep on crashing when with this plugin. If I add a move value filter, the filter show disable if I try to enable it still show disable and if I try to remove the filter obs crash. I'm on windows 10 64bit PC. Any help

juans16

can somebody help me? my obs crash when I try to use this plugin. I attached my crash log. Any help will be appreciate

Attachments

• OBS Crash Log.txt
    310 KB · Views: 32

juans16

@juans16 the crash log looks like you are trying to remove a filter. Can you try using delete key to remove the filter?
Thank you Exeldro for your reply. The problem I have is that when I install the plugin if I try to to us it for example i want my camera to move and I am to add the move value filter. The filte appear to be disable and I can not enable it. Once I add the filter to the camera I can no remove it if I hit the (-) in the filter screen to remove obs crash it also does not let me remove any other filter if the camera has other filter like the fx blur. Let me know what may be the problem. Why the plugin is not working

Exeldro

@juans16 the move value filter will by default only enable when moving, so you won't be able to enable the filter if there is nothing to move.
Do you have OBS in a not default theme like Acri?
It looks like this bug:

Last edited:

juans16

@juans16 the move value filter will by default only enable when moving, so you won't be able to enable the filter if there is nothing to move.
It looks like this bug:
Hmm i have not install any theme but I do have the obs.live add on plugin which kind of change obs.

juans16

It looks like this bug:
Ok so I when into my obs setting to check on the theme and I found out that the Acri theme come already pre-installed in the new version of obs so is the Rachni theme and System. I switched to the Acri to try it out and Boila the Move transition filter stopped crashing. I try to replicated the crash but using the Acri theme seen to work fine. Also the Rachni theme work fine. If I switch back to the Dark (default) or the system theme the crash will happen again so the problem is with the obs Dark (default) and System theme.