Move

Move 2.12.0

wired

Fantastic plugin. If I may, I have some requests?

1. Make the matrix window not modal - I would like to be able to check the transitions while having the config window open - I have a very complex scene config. While doing this, could you let us maximise the window too?
2. Make it possible to widen/narrow the columns in the matrix view. For example, if you have scenes called "clever_scene1" and "clever_scene2", you only see "clever_sce.." in the title so it's hard to know which is which.

wired

@Exeldro Ahhhhh yes, so sorry. Also started using your plugin too, which is also excellent by the way. Had two windows open and posted in the wrong one. I blame lack of sleep!

mattbatt

I love this plugin! I was wondering about a possible feature that would finally allow me to automate audio levels. I would like to be able to have the "Move source" scene filter be able to do a "next move" of the selected source's OWN "Move Value" filter. That way a scene switch can trigger a move within a source even if the source already exists in both scenes (which is exactly what I have lol).

Here's an example.

I have a scene called "Camera 1". I also have a scene called "Replay". There's a source called "Camera 1 Stream" that exists within both scenes. In one scene the source is a fullscreen video, in the other scene it's in a corner PiP window to let a replay video play behind it.

I have a "Move Value" Filter on my media source "Camera 1 Stream". My problem is, when I switch scenes, I can't trigger it because the source already exists in both scenes. I don't want to use a hotkey to trigger it, because I'm trying to simplify the production workflow. It's a pretty hefty scene collection and we're already using tons of hotkeys as is.

Do you know of any possible workarounds to get the functionality i'm looking for? Thanks in advance! The plugin is an absolute game changer for me.
I was confused as well by this plugin there are two places you can make "Moves" within a scene and between scenes. Between scenes you want to create a new scene transition in the "scene transitions" Dock using the "+" button and selecting the "move" naming it something descriptive or memorable.
Make sure you check the box "contains the other source name"
make the transition whatever you want and click OK to save it.
Then you can use that transition on everything OR right click on your "replay" scene and add a "transition override" and select your new transition.
It took me many YouTube videos to correct my misunderstanding.

I was confused as well by this plugin there are two places you can make "Moves" within a scene and between scenes. Between scenes you want to create a new scene transition in the "scene transitions" Dock using the "+" button and selecting the "move" naming it something descriptive or memorable.
Make sure you check the box "contains the other source name"
make the transition whatever you want and click OK to save it.
Then you can use that transition on everything OR right click on your "replay" scene and add a "transition override" and select your new transition.
It took me many YouTube videos to correct my misunderstanding.

That's not what i'm trying to do actually. I was trying to have the "Start Trigger" for a "Move Value" filter, get triggered by a scene switch to a specific scene. Some of my scenes use duplicate sources to save on resources for the fairly large productions I'm doing. Plus when dealing with incoming streams things like de-sync can happen, and it's all not very fun. Because of the complexity of everything, just duplicating my incoming video stream source is not an option. What i'm doing, is I'm automating the OTHER filters on my media source using the move value filter. The regular transition part of the move plugin can't do that as of now, or probably ever. But the filter can. I just need a little bit more functionality for it to work for me. That's what I was talking about mattbatt.

I also can't just put it in a group, or have it a scene as source. When you do that, you lose access to any audio filters because of the annoying way OBS handles it's audio. I'm looking to automate audio filters so it's not perfectly straightforward how to go about it. But the lovely Exeldro said he would put adding the functionality it on his to-do list. This plugin is already massively powerful and I'm super happy with everything this plugin can do already. I'd donate if there was a link somewhere.

mattbatt

That's not what i'm trying to do actually. I was trying to have the "Start Trigger" for a "Move Value" filter, get triggered by a scene switch to a specific scene. Some of my scenes use duplicate sources to save on resources for the fairly large productions I'm doing. Plus when dealing with incoming streams things like de-sync can happen, and it's all not very fun. Because of the complexity of everything, just duplicating my incoming video stream source is not an option. What i'm doing, is I'm automating the OTHER filters on my media source using the move value filter. The regular transition part of the move plugin can't do that as of now, or probably ever. But the filter can. I just need a little bit more functionality for it to work for me. That's what I was talking about mattbatt.

I also can't just put it in a group, or have it a scene as source. When you do that, you lose access to any audio filters because of the annoying way OBS handles it's audio. I'm looking to automate audio filters so it's not perfectly straightforward how to go about it. But the lovely Exeldro said he would put adding the functionality it on his to-do list. This plugin is already massively powerful and I'm super happy with everything this plugin can do already. I'd donate if there was a link somewhere.

OK

JustJames

Firstly, I love this plugin, so clean and perfect for a number of different things I do on my stream <3
However, I think I may be running into a slightly odd problem, I'm unsure if it's my PC, my OBS, or a combination of this plugin and sources.
Effectively I don't have double sources on any scenes (Game Capture, Window Capture & Display Capture) So I only have one of these.
I used to have a different scene to switch to which had display capture (for any Chrome, other Games, etc) however I noticed that when I had this scene enabled, I would pretty much randomly, however Very consistently, Crash during a stream, the bitrate would drop to 0kb/s and OBS would become unresponsive, this only happened when I changed scenes (didn't matter which scenes I was changing, could be with all the same sources and no background 'Display Capture')
Any insight would be super helpful, I have currently had to just delete my scene with Display capture in it which isn't ideal
I was just at a complete loss as to why it was doing it.
Again though, would love to stress how much I love this plugin <3

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Move transition - Transition that moves all sources to a new position

Read more about this resource...
You have really outdone yourself this time. I was always impressed at how you take the time to organize your downloads (which should be the standard), but adding a tutorial put you over the top!!! Admittedly I really didn't know how to set it up to use it. I think I went through the back door. I didn't know that the scene transition had it's own settings to work with. Now I do! Additionally, you have been updating this resource just about every day for the past week or so. Thanks so much for your time and efforts! You ROCK!

You have really outdone yourself this time. I was always impressed at how you take the time to organize your downloads (which should be the standard), but adding a tutorial put you over the top!!! Admittedly I really didn't know how to set it up to use it. I think I went through the back door. I didn't know that the scene transition had it's own settings to work with. Now I do! Additionally, you have been updating this resource just about every day for the past week or so. Thanks so much for your time and efforts! You ROCK!
Furthermore, I just learned through your tutorial how to do those other options not that I would need them, but now I do. Thanks!

Xasss

So i just booted up my OBS everything worked fine for all of the past updates but today when I tried editing a new scene and ADD a Move Source filter it told me "This filter only works for scenes"? I never got that one before and all the Move Sources Filter things I did prior to that wont work anymore as well? What happend does anyone know an answer to this?
Much appreciate all help coming my way.

And by the way thank you for this huge Plugin helps a ton.

Edit: Nevermind found my Error haha. Just went full noob and didnt realize Im in the wrong settings.

Thanks for the update! I am having an issue though. Well, actually 2 issues.

1: When I the move source filter on a scene, the start trigger "Activate: When this filter becomes actively shown in the mix" Doesn't seem to work. I've tried changing settings with delays, changing position, absolute position, relative, anything. When I switch to the scene, the filter never activates. If I go into the filter and manually press the start button it works, but otherwise it wont trigger. Is this just not how it works? This is the only start trigger that I need.

Other start triggers seem to work.

2: Next move only seems to get triggered when a move actually happens in the "Move Source" filter. For example, if I add a "move source" filter to one of my scenes, and set it to do nothing (example: Checking transform relative and having every number be zero).
In this instance, even pressing the start button manually, will not trigger the "next move". In this case, i'm trying to trigger the next move "move value" filter within the selected source. The new feature added in the latest update. In my use case, I just want switching to the scene to trigger a move within a source. I want nothing about the source itself transformed, only it's filters.

Got any ideas?

GeeMack

Same issue as BuildMineSurviv describes above. I set up a scene and add filters to move several sources in several steps. The first step will "Hide" all the sources and move them to their starting locations with no delays. All the following steps "Show" the sources and move some – but not all – to new locations. I do this to match the timing of each step to the other sources' moves. The problem is sources that don't move are not triggering the "Next Move". I get around it by moving the static sources by one single pixel, but that doesn't seem like a really good solution. It would be most helpful if the "Next Move On Move End" trigger would act even if the source hasn't actually moved.

youjiman

Hi. I love this plug-in! I’m so addicted to use it for better looks. However, I have a issue with the plug-in...

I’m using it on Mac OBS 25.0.8. When I use move source filter, my Stream Deck software will get almost 100% cpu usage for a little moment, even I didn’t use Stream Deck for that moment. Move transition had no issue as I can see.

Is there anyway to make it not to happen this?

troyhammaren

Hi. I love this plug-in! I’m so addicted to use it for better looks. However, I have a issue with the plug-in...

I’m using it on Mac OBS 25.0.8. When I use move source filter, my Stream Deck software will get almost 100% cpu usage for a little moment, even I didn’t use Stream Deck for that moment. Move transition had no issue as I can see.

Is there anyway to make it not to happen this?
Same behavior here on a Windows 10 machine with Stream Deck. I'm not sure, if this can be fixed in this plugin or if Elgato has to fix it in their software. I actually experienced the same thing with another plugin with which i could move sources. I guess Elgatos software gets confused if sources are moving.

rhoius

Hi, thanks for this amazing plugin!

When switching scenes using move transition I am having problems with an audio file (media source or VLC same result) being very quiet for about 500ms and only then reaching full volume. This only happens in the output audio and not the monitor audio, using Move transition override filter on sources set to Cut does not work, using a naming convention that would result in a matched item does not work.

Current workaround is to add hardcoded delays to audio files and add move transition override filters on everything with matching delays

MidiaNinja

Hey, how are u, girls and guys.

I'm having a little trouble with movie transition.
i've configured it like a dissove transition at standard.

and configuring with filter the sources with best movement for this position.

but sametimes when i cut, it go to black and back without animation.

my scenes is a mix of browser and nested scenes.

i'm missing samething?

thank you.