Question / Help Motion Blur, almost perfect stream.

Vizeroh

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Your CPU should be more than powerful enough to handle encoding, switch your encoder back to x264. NVENC is useful when your CPU can't handle running a game and streaming at the same time, but it's inferior to x264 and shouldn't be your first choice.

Vizeroh

Your CPU should be more than powerful enough to handle encoding, switch your encoder back to x264. NVENC is useful when your CPU can't handle running a game and streaming at the same time, but it's inferior to x264 and shouldn't be your first choice.
I had x264 enabled before, and it caused my stream horrible pixelizion. but I'll try it again.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
If you were getting a lot of pixelation, then you had your x264 settings wrong, because it should look better than NVENC.

Vizeroh

After changing the encoding, it didn't seem to make a difference. I upped my bitrate as I was told that is what is causing it.. I'm trying everything, but damnit, it just won't stop bluring when I move alot of the times.. I don't know what to do.

Here's an example of the latest changes: http://www.twitch.tv/vizeroh/b/511205896

The only thing that has changed from my previous log is I am now at 3500 bitrate/buffer, I am no longer using CFR.

Edit: I also increased the keyinvet up to 8

Edit: I will attempt another test later, but this is getting annoying, I know my PC is more then powerful enough to handle this, and my net is 107/5 and I don't want to extreme it, I just want a clear 720p viewing experience for people, and not some motion blur as I move through grass.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Can you post the log associated with that video? It definitely looks like you have some settings very wrong.

Vizeroh

I uploaded the file of the last obs log. (At least I think its the one..) But its the wrong bitrate, I changed it towards the end of my stream.

Edit: I was changing settings while I was streaming, but not one of them seemed to help at all.

Attachments

• Lastet OBS Log.txt
    73.8 KB · Views: 9

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Ah, you're using the ultrafast x264 preset. That will make your stream look really bad. You should be using the veryfast preset and not change it from that unless you know what you're doing.

Furthermore, 2400kbps is a bit on the low side for 800p60. I recommend dropping down to 30fps, or increasing your bit rate to 3000kbps or so, if your internet connection can support it.

Vizeroh

I think that might of done it? I'm sorry still not great at telling the difference, but it sure looks like it doesn't pixel/blur to me now. http://www.twitch.tv/vizeroh/b/511233401 and I'll upload the OBS log too.

Could I get your input does it seem like it's corrected?

Attachments

• OBSLog.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 23