Question / Help Mixer Box Empty - Can't Find Anything Online

gavinthemage

I just recently installed OBS to work on a school project and everything went smoothly until I noticed that the mixer box was empty (screenshot attached). I just installed the program from this website and can't seem to find anything on it. I troubleshooted with my computer and the correct recording/ playback are functioning and set to default. I tried restarting the program and that didn't work either. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me fix my issue as soon as you're available, which I know is most likely "operator error". Here is the log file.
Screenshot (1).png

koala

Go to Settings->Audio and configure your audio devices at the top of the dialog. You seem to have disabled everything in that dialog. Usually, "Desktop Audio Device" and "Mic/Auxillary Audio Device" are set to "default". Choose your corresponding audio devices here.

gavinthemage

Go to Settings->Audio and configure your audio devices at the top of the dialog. You seem to have disabled everything in that dialog. Usually, "Desktop Audio Device" and "Mic/Auxillary Audio Device" are set to "default". Choose your corresponding audio devices here.
Okay, I understand what you are saying now. I don't know why those settings were set like that considering I had this problem fresh out-of-the-box.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Okay, I understand what you are saying now. I don't know why those settings were set like that considering I had this problem fresh out-of-the-box.
It's possible it couldn't detect the devices on first launch, and therefore defaulted to nothing.