MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Etuldan

Works really well, but I feel like its missing a feature... There should be a way to bind a MIDI key to stop all sounds instead of having to tab out of your game and click the "Stop All Sounds" button on the GUI
For example if I press a midi key to activate some background music, but then at some point want the music to stop, I could either press the same midi key that I pressed to activate it to instead stop it, or just having a master midi key that stops all sound effects being played would work too.
Stop All Sounds MIDI keybind available in the latest version !
Enjoy :)

AdameK

Unfortunately, this option doesn't work for me. In the settings, I can't choose the device, but I have to write name and when I type the device and the key, nothing happens.

Uninstalled the latest version and reinstalled the one prior (before filters) and the transition setting is working again.

OK so any version above 1.2.2.3 (the last one before the addition of filters control) ignores any transition changes. It simply doesn't send any of them to OBS.

The only fix was to uninstall, and resinstall 1.2.2.3. Which is a real shame because I really want to use the new filters toggling! Is anyone else having this problem, or are other people successfully changing transitions on the newer builds?

Etuldan

Unfortunately, this option doesn't work for me. In the settings, I can't choose the device, but I have to write name and when I type the device and the key, nothing happens.
It works on my side. Did you spell the device correctly ? Also, a reboot of the application may be needed.

Etuldan

OK so any version above 1.2.2.3 (the last one before the addition of filters control) ignores any transition changes. It simply doesn't send any of them to OBS.

The only fix was to uninstall, and resinstall 1.2.2.3. Which is a real shame because I really want to use the new filters toggling! Is anyone else having this problem, or are other people successfully changing transitions on the newer builds?
Should be fixed on latest version ( 1.2.4.1 ) , sorry for that.

Should be fixed on latest version ( 1.2.4.1 ) , sorry for that.
Don't apologise! You're doing incredible work here.

Just found an obscure bug that might be related to this fix. When showing / hiding layers, the null transition cheat no longer works when a 'stinger' transition is set. I think it's because it fails to set that transition to be 0ms, so it just triggers the sting every time a layer is triggered to be shown or hidden. If that makes sense. Obviously a current workaround is just to make sure the transition is currently set to a Sting transition when triggering a source hide or show.

I don't think this was a problem in the past, but it is a pretty specific scenario.

AdameK

It works on my side. Did you spell the device correctly ? Also, a reboot of the application may be needed.
I did a little testing and found that only keys above note 100 don't function as a key to stop sounds.

I am using Launchpad Mini.

SkylerGreene

Thank you so much for creating this!
This is SO much better than hotkeys and a mouse!
I really appreciate all the time you've put into creating such a useful plugin.
It is working really well for me (I'm using an Akai APC40 MKII on a Windows 10 PC).

I've noticed that when I program a button to toggle/show/hide a source, it resets my transition duration to 2ms.

If possible, here are some additional features I would find useful:
•Be able to save/load MIDIControl profiles (my save button doesn't seem to do anything.
•Be able to change function name while editing
•Be able to program a knob/fader to adjust transition duration up and down.
•Be able to program knob/Fader to control the Quick Transitions slider.

Thanks again for your amazing contribution and hard work.

Yeah another request I have would be to be able to trigger the 'Play', 'Stop' and 'Restart' triggers that can currently be triggered by hotkeys on Media Sources.

GATonTRAX

I am unable to get my midi device to be recognized in the add menu. It shows up in the options menu as you can see, but nothing registers in the add menu. I have tried the keys and the pads on the MPKmini2 and nothing registers. Does anyone have any pointers? What am I doing wrong?
1597807178860.png

1597807041004.png

GATonTRAX

It looks like you've selected your device to be ignored.
I was missing the LoopBe1 one app. After fiddling with that and midikey2key it recognized the keystrokes.

This is a great tool!

Can I make a suggestion with the soundboard options? In OBS there is a restart option for sources using the hotkeys. The function shuts off the sound once you press the same button again. Would it be able to add that as an option for sounds? To cut off sounds once the button is pressed again?

This app is awesome by the way. My sounds all have volume control now!

Etuldan

Thank you so much for creating this!
This is SO much better than hotkeys and a mouse!
I really appreciate all the time you've put into creating such a useful plugin.
It is working really well for me (I'm using an Akai APC40 MKII on a Windows 10 PC).

I've noticed that when I program a button to toggle/show/hide a source, it resets my transition duration to 2ms.

If possible, here are some additional features I would find useful:
•Be able to save/load MIDIControl profiles (my save button doesn't seem to do anything.
•Be able to change function name while editing
•Be able to program a knob/fader to adjust transition duration up and down.
•Be able to program knob/Fader to control the Quick Transitions slider.

Thanks again for your amazing contribution and hard work.
I'll try to fix the issue about the transition duration reset.

• Profiles : won't ATM. You can manually (or with a bat file) simulated it :
    All options are stored in : %AppData%\MIDIControl\ directory.
    options.json is for regular options (OBS ip, MIDI settings, ...)
    keybinds.json contains all your keybinds.
    If you have multiple keybinds.json, you can close MIDIControl, rename them, reopen, and it should work.
    NB : the save button will save your current keybinds config to the keybinds.json. If you add a new keybind without pressing the save button, upon restarting MIDIControl, the new keybind won't be present.
  • Change Name : I'm a lazy person ;) It would require too much time as I designed it.
    But you can open keybinds.json with a text editor (close MIDIControl before), and rename your entries !
    If you are OK with json, it should be 'easy'. http://json.parser.online.fr/ may help you. Names are the 'top' strings (the 'keys').
    Backup your file before, just in case.
  • Faders for transition duration : great idea !
  • Faders for quick transitions : already digged into this, but I won't be able to do it with the current state of OBSWebsocket.

Thx a lot for using my tool !

Last edited:

Etuldan

I was missing the LoopBe1 one app. After fiddling with that and midikey2key it recognized the keystrokes.

This is a great tool!

Can I make a suggestion with the soundboard options? In OBS there is a restart option for sources using the hotkeys. The function shuts off the sound once you press the same button again. Would it be able to add that as an option for sounds? To cut off sounds once the button is pressed again?

This app is awesome by the way. My sounds all have volume control now!
Depends on your MIDI Device, if you can setup it as 'on/off', typically, on my emulated sofware midi device, If i press the key once, it's the NoteOn event. And the 2nd press will trigger the NoteOff event. Thus, in MIDIControl, the, "Stop Sound when Released" checkbox on "On Key Release" do the trick.
But your idea isn't bad.

ZING22

Hi Etuldan, can MIDIControl connect to local MIDI software devices? For example, I am trying to connect it to VMPK but in the MIDIControl UI it is not possible to add it as a MIDI Device.