MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Etuldan

OK two things - it would be really useful to be able to rename the modules after initially adding them. Now it's greyed out, and I don't know how many times I've set one up, then had to delete it because I forgot to add a name.
If you wanna change names ATM, without delete/create, you can edit the keybinds.json (with text editor) located in %appdata%\MIDIControl (use for example https://jsonformatter.org/json-pretty-print to get a nice display). The text before any "{" (except the 1rst one) is the name of the entry in MIDIControl. Close MIDIControl before any manual edition of this file.
Also, if you wanna do backups (coz you know, bugs happens), all your keybinds settings are here.

If you wanna change names ATM, without delete/create, you can edit the keybinds.json (with text editor) located in %appdata%\MIDIControl (use for example https://jsonformatter.org/json-pretty-print to get a nice display). The text before any "{" (except the 1rst one) is the name of the entry in MIDIControl. Close MIDIControl before any manual edition of this file.
Also, if you wanna do backups (coz you know, bugs happens), all your keybinds settings are here.

That's a great workaround, thanks.

Have you been able to reacreate this bug?:

OK I've found a bug. I thought this was a thing, but it's only been confirmed now that I've created a ton of midi events - when loading everything up, none of the triggers work the first time. So each one (including both key up and and down variations) have to be run once each, so as they will work the next time.

This hasn't been an issue when I was originally just using it to hide and show a single layer, but now that I can create events for different scenes and transitions and I've got loads, it's not really practical to do a practice run on them all

OK I've found a bug. I thought this was a thing, but it's only been confirmed now that I've created a ton of midi events - when loading everything up, none of the triggers work the first time. So each one (including both key up and and down variations) have to be run once each, so as they will work the next time.

This hasn't been an issue when I was originally just using it to hide and show a single layer, but now that I can create events for different scenes and transitions and I've got loads, it's not really practical to do a practice run on them all

OK found another bug. Although it is possible to select a sub-layer of a group to hide or show, doing so doesn't actually affect the layer.

Both bugs (run once each key & sublayer) should be fixed with version 1.2.1.1

And yes they are both fixed! Well done.

I'm wondering if this means there can be a change in the way that groups are handled - currently hiding a group hides the folder and all the sub-items as well. Considering sub items can be hidden on their own this seems unnecessary.
If it isn't yet possible to hide just the group object and it act immediately (as it does if you do this just with the mouse, or with other implentations such as Deckboard) would it be better if sending a 'hide group' function just hides all the sub sources?

Etuldan

If I may add Volume for faders would be awesome too! And Midi feedback to the devices would be super useful, if you use something like an APC Mini or Launchpad etc. you could use that to switch on (off)) the LEDs on the pads...
Could you try with latest versions, with experimental Feedback feature ?

daniel231

Great Plug-In. Is there any chance to control with a midi slider the transitionslider in studio mode in the future ? that would be awesome.

Etuldan

This plugin is AWESOME!
Is it possible to add a panel to control the launchpad LED?
Could you try, in MIDIControl settings, to enable "MIDI Forwarding" (and restart MIDI Control after) ? It's a very experimental feature, as I don't have a real MIDI device to debug/test, but hopefully, it should work.

AdameK

When the option is enabled, the button lights up when pressed, and I meant that the buttons that have already been assigned to be lit all the time.

Anyway, it's not that necessary, now I came up with the idea to add a macro panel.

Mindride

Quick question. This does not seem to recognize a standard midi device. Its it just USB controllers it will recognize? Im trying to hook up a midi footswitch to change scenes and there is no device showing up... Thanks for the help!

Erfa

This is really cool! Been looking for something like this.

One thing that would really help me is the ability to delay the MIDI messages. Use case: say you're live streaming a concert, and you have a backing track playing in your DAW, and a MIDI track to control scene changes in time with the music. If your cameras have a delay of maybe 2 seconds (not unreasonable with HDMI capture cards), you would need the audio and MIDI to be delayed to match it. Audio is easy, that can be delayed in OBS, but not the scene changes. I managed to get it working by running the MIDI through MIDI-OX and delay them there, but it would be nice if it was all in the same software.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Etuldan

Quick question. This does not seem to recognize a standard midi device. Its it just USB controllers it will recognize? Im trying to hook up a midi footswitch to change scenes and there is no device showing up... Thanks for the help!
It should recognize any MIDI device. Also, as MIDI listening is 'exclusive', double check that no other software is listening the MIDI device.

Aural

Program is crashing when I have Midi Forwarding enabled and after i use midi to control vol slider. So far vol slider is all I'm using. I am forwarding to LoopBe to use in Voicemeeter. When I try this with Midi-ox it works fine.

PS Great job, Love this software!