MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Could you try to 'inspect' MIDI in Devices (with something like http://www.midiox.com/ , in menu Options, MIDI devices for example, see if all MIDI interface are 'OK' ? )
Also, the MIDI In interface is listed in MIDIControl, in the Options , "MIDI Interface to ignore" ? If yes, then it's a bug about catching MIDI event in MIDIControl. If no, then the MIDI Interface is bugged.)

OK I just made some progress! MidiOX wasn't showing any issues, the midi was coming through loud and clear. However, I just realised that the problem is Midi Control is no longer receiving midi 'off' events. I'd changed my signals to off, to try and troubleshoot issues I was having with an earlier version. Somehwere in the new versions it's no longer seeing them. When I changed my midi event to Note On Midi Control can again see it!.

Etuldan

OK I just made some progress! MidiOX wasn't showing any issues, the midi was coming through loud and clear. However, I just realised that the problem is Midi Control is no longer receiving midi 'off' events. I'd changed my signals to off, to try and troubleshoot issues I was having with an earlier version. Somehwere in the new versions it's no longer seeing them. When I changed my midi event to Note On Midi Control can again see it!.
Well, nice for you !

Indeed, I changed recently (as bugfix) some Event management.

For information :
Events "NoteEvent", "NoteOnEvent" and "ControlChangeEvent" are catched.

Events "NoteEvent" and "NoteOnEvent" with a CommandCode NoteOn or a Velocity not 0 are caught as a "On Press"
Events "NoteEvent" and "NoteOnEvent" with a CommandCode NoteOff or a Velocity 0 are caught as a "On Release"
Event "ControlChangeEvent" with a ControllerValue not 0 is caught as a "On Press"
Event "ControlChangeEvent" with a ControllerValue 0 is caught as a "On Release"

This may change, but ATM, I test only with emulated MIDI device (mainly software and with my Android as 'real' MIDI device, but depending on app installed on it)

Maybe with the faders, I'll remove later ControlChangeEvent from "keys", to use it for sliders.

Do you have any MIDI Log from MIDI OX ?

Etuldan

BTW having the source hide/show only happening in Preview is also useful - it allows you to turn something on, and then transition to it. Would be good if there was a choice for it to be either live or preview.

And while I'm making unsolicited feature requests, I don't know if it's possible to do (because Deckboard also can't do it) but see if you can make it that you can toggle sources within a group. You can toggle the group as a whole, but the sources within it aren't an option.
Groups are not handled right now by the websocket dll obs-websocket-dotnet.dll . (not the one you install on OBS, this one seems OK, but rather the "client"-one, used by MIDIControl (and assuming perhaps by Deckboard). While it's not a no-go, I'll have to get more time for this. But the idea is great !

If I may add Volume for faders would be awesome too! And Midi feedback to the devices would be super useful, if you use something like an APC Mini or Launchpad etc. you could use that to switch on (off)) the LEDs on the pads...
In a future version for faders, probably. But no ETA.
MIDI feedback will be hard, as I need to have a MIDI device that supports it. (If you have any software that emulate a MIDI controller with feedback, I'm interested ! )

I ran both a note on and note off cue on otherwise the same value.

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT
Opened MIDI Input
000033AE 3 -- 80 3D 40 1 C# 4 Note Off
0000584F 3 -- 90 3D 40 1 C# 4 Note On

New version fails when trying to add:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'OBSWebsocketDotNet.Types.OBSScene' from assembly 'obs-websocket-dotnet, Version=4.2.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at MidiControl.OBSControl.GetScenes()
at MidiControl.EntryGUI.InitControls()
at MidiControl.EntryGUI..ctor()
at MidiControl.MIDIControlGUI.Add_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MIDIControl
Assembly Version: 1.1.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/MidiControl.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 12.0.3.23909
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
NAudio
Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/NAudio.DLL
obs-websocket-dotnet
Assembly Version: 4.2.0.3
Win32 Version: 4.2.0.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/obs-websocket-dotnet.DLL
websocket-sharp
Assembly Version: 1.0.2.59611
Win32 Version: 1.0.2.59611
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/websocket-sharp.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
CheckComboBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MIDIControl/CheckComboBox.DLL

The debug didn't come up with much:

MIDI IN Device USB Midi
MIDI IN Device USB Midi Cable
MIDI IN Device HaswellE <------- RTP device
MIDI OUT Device Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
MIDI OUT Device USB Midi
MIDI OUT Device USB Midi Cable
MIDI OUT Device HaswellE <------- RTP device

Size 30.5kb

BTW now that it has loaded up the settings from the earlier version's installation, it also crashes when it gets its first midi note message.