MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Etuldan

I completely removed all files, deleted the json and reinstalled 1.6 and am seeing similar behavior on my X-touch mini. The rotary encoders are now working but any button press is not coming through. The notes are seen when making keybinds just nothing happens in OBS. The midi controller editor is showing buttons as note presses.

View attachment 67805
Could you try to use this version : https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...ard-with-midi-input.940/version/3159/download
Delete your keybinds, register a new keybind (button), save, and try to press it once.
Close MIDIControl.
A debug.log file should be created on MIDIControl install folder, could you paste it here ? (you may run MIDIControl as admin)

countdooku

Could you try to use this version : https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...ard-with-midi-input.940/version/3159/download
Delete your keybinds, register a new keybind (button), save, and try to press it once.
Close MIDIControl.
A debug.log file should be created on MIDIControl install folder, could you paste it here ? (you may run MIDIControl as admin)

I'm not entirely sure what is going on here. Windows 10 is completely blocking me from installing the file. I even disabled windows defender spartscreen. I am the administrator and even tried running the installer as administrator.

1613875278577.png

1.6.0.2 will install if I turned off smartscreen but only the faders are working again.

Ironically when the release that added transition or set scene to preview came out all the buttons were working except the sliders/knobs and now the opposite is true. Weird!

Flowerchild

HI, I am new to all this and have only used OBS for a short time. I looked at MIDIControl because I wanted to be able to easily show/hide text sources during a live stream. My MIDI device is an AKAI MPK mini keyboard. I followed all the instructions on the Overview page, configured web-sockets in OBS, got connection to OBS, and eventually worked out how to do the key mapping. Everything seemed good. However, nothing happened when I pressed any of my mapped keys on the AKAI.

Of course, I immediately thought I must be doing something wrong. I turned on OBS logs and could see the communication between OBS and MIDIControl as it passed the OBS source details across to MIDIControl. But absolutely nothing happened when I pressed a mapped key on the AKAI. After reading through this forum, I tried deleting the keybind file and remapping, and checked various other suggestions listed in the forum.

After a day of frustration I tried uninstalling the latest 1.6 version of MIDIControl (deleted the MIDIControl folder) and downloaded and installed the 1.5 version from the history tab. After configuring the OBS connection and remapping my keys, everything worked just fine.

I'm good now and everything is working well. I just wanted to pass on my experience so far, it case it may help with any issues in 1.6.

Etuldan

I'm not entirely sure what is going on here. Windows 10 is completely blocking me from installing the file. I even disabled windows defender spartscreen. I am the administrator and even tried running the installer as administrator.

View attachment 67863
1.6.0.2 will install if I turned off smartscreen but only the faders are working again.

Ironically when the release that added transition or set scene to preview came out all the buttons were working except the sliders/knobs and now the opposite is true. Weird!
Could you share to me your keybinds.json file ? And do you have a debug.log when you run the verbose version as admin ?

countdooku

Could you share to me your keybinds.json file ? And do you have a debug.log when you run the verbose version as admin ?

I was actually able to run the verbose version tonight.

Code:
{"Scene 1":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"previewScene","Args":["1 - Powerpoint overlay UL"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":16,"Channel":11,"Input":0},"Scene 2":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"previewScene","Args":["2 - Powerpoint Only"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":17,"Channel":11,"Input":0},"Volume":{"OBSCallBacksON":[],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[{"Action":"volume","Args":["Main Church Mixer Sound"]}],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":1,"Channel":11,"Input":1},"Transition":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"misc","Args":["Transition To Program (Studio)"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":23,"Channel":11,"Input":0},"Scene 1 direct":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"switchScene","Args":["1 - Powerpoint overlay UL"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":8,"Channel":11,"Input":0}}

Log file (not sure if I did this right)
OnActivated
Mouse over item: Transition To Program (Studio)
OnDeactivate
CloseDropdown

countdooku

I just installed version 1.5 and it is working fine. The odd thing is I see the options for transition and preview (studio). Weren't those added in a later release? Perhaps I should have deleted the whole midi control folder when I uninstalled 1.6. I did delete the keybinds.json and start over.

Thanks for the suggestion @Flowerchild!

Etuldan

I was actually able to run the verbose version tonight.

Code:
{"Scene 1":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"previewScene","Args":["1 - Powerpoint overlay UL"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":16,"Channel":11,"Input":0},"Scene 2":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"previewScene","Args":["2 - Powerpoint Only"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":17,"Channel":11,"Input":0},"Volume":{"OBSCallBacksON":[],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[{"Action":"volume","Args":["Main Church Mixer Sound"]}],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":1,"Channel":11,"Input":1},"Transition":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"misc","Args":["Transition To Program (Studio)"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":23,"Channel":11,"Input":0},"Scene 1 direct":{"OBSCallBacksON":[{"Action":"switchScene","Args":["1 - Powerpoint overlay UL"]}],"OBSCallBacksOFF":[],"OBSCallBacksSlider":[],"SoundCallBack":null,"Mididevice":"X-TOUCH MINI","NoteNumber":8,"Channel":11,"Input":0}}

Log file (not sure if I did this right)
OnActivated
OnDeactivate
CloseDropdown
You press at least one of your keys while MIDIControl running and not in Keybind editing mode ?

countdooku

For those who having issues with latest version, could you try with the newest verbose version ? ( https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...ard-with-midi-input.940/version/3186/download )
You'll have to run MIDIControl as admin . Is something doesn't work, please, send me the "debug.log".

I still can't install the 1.6.1.0 verbose version - It comes up with a windows error. I uninstalled the working V 1.5 from the exe in the program file folder and then installed your regular build 1.6.1.0 and it is functioning with the keybinds from V1.5. Previously I tried uninstalling V 1.5 and deleting all the files, then installing 1.6.1.0 and it did not work. Pretty strange!

countdooku

I do have a feature request - not sure how hard it is to accomplish. Can you add an option for hotkeys (Macro) so we can trigger filters, etc within OBS? For example I have a move transition triggered with a hotkey Ctrl +1 to move an overlay element on and off the current scene. Unless the websocket can activate that filter directly I think hotkey is the only way to initialize it on demand. If writing code to listen to keypresses is too difficult it could be a series of predefined keystrokes - First Key, Second Key, Third Key and you pick characters from a drop down. Unless that is more work than listening to keystrokes...

1615087246168.png

Etuldan

I do have a feature request - not sure how hard it is to accomplish. Can you add an option for hotkeys (Macro) so we can trigger filters, etc within OBS? For example I have a move transition triggered with a hotkey Ctrl +1 to move an overlay element on and off the current scene. Unless the websocket can activate that filter directly I think hotkey is the only way to initialize it on demand. If writing code to listen to keypresses is too difficult it could be a series of predefined keystrokes - First Key, Second Key, Third Key and you pick characters from a drop down. Unless that is more work than listening to keystrokes...

View attachment 68611
Sending (emulating keypress, but actually sending it) should work with new version of websocket.
I'll need some time to add it properly on MIDIControl.

Etuldan

I still can't install the 1.6.1.0 verbose version - It comes up with a windows error. I uninstalled the working V 1.5 from the exe in the program file folder and then installed your regular build 1.6.1.0 and it is functioning with the keybinds from V1.5. Previously I tried uninstalling V 1.5 and deleting all the files, then installing 1.6.1.0 and it did not work. Pretty strange!
Good news ! So, all is working fine with lastest version ?

Etuldan

View attachment 68611
Filters for scenes (it was only for source) should works for next version.
Emulated keybinds was a good idea, but I'm not able to automaticly grab a list of Keybinds name, so, configuration would have been tricky, and that's not the role of MIDIControl, everything should be user-friendly.

Etuldan

View attachment 68611
Should work with new available version !

OffBeatDooter

1.6.2 Doesn't work for me (buttons don't work), had to revert to 1.3.1
Or maybe a clean install was needed? But I really don't want to recreate all my config from scratch.

Etuldan

1.6.2 Doesn't work for me (buttons don't work), had to revert to 1.3.1
Or maybe a clean install was needed? But I really don't want to recreate all my config from scratch.
Since version 1.4.0.0, keybinds made with version 1.3.1.1 and lower should be remapped.
You may try to edit each key, repress on your MIDI Key, then apply. Hopefully, it should work.
Sorry for that, this was due to a bug of key/slider ID collision I had to fix.