MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

lan-z

I cannot get MIDIControl to run. I am running OBS 26.1.1, Websocket 4.9.0 & MIDIControl 1.6.0.1. Websocket is functioning because I use TouchPortal.

When I launch MIDIControl (before connecting to OBS) I can open Options and click Add.
1613565162260.png

If I click Add (before connecting to OBS), I can see my MIDI Device and it learns Channel and Note correctly.
1613565204729.png

If I click Connect to OBS, it connects successfully.
1613565100804.png

1613566081499.png

After connecting I can click on Disconnect, Stop All Sounds, Options and Save. However, if I am Connected and click Add, the app freezes. I cannot move, minimize or close the window. I also cannot click on Add, Disconnect, etc. I have to use Task Manager to kill MIDIControl.

Any ideas? Logs to look at, etc?

Etuldan

I cannot get MIDIControl to run. I am running OBS 26.1.1, Websocket 4.9.0 & MIDIControl 1.6.0.1. Websocket is functioning because I use TouchPortal.

After connecting I can click on Disconnect, Stop All Sounds, Options and Save. However, if I am Connected and click Add, the app freezes. I cannot move, minimize or close the window. I also cannot click on Add, Disconnect, etc. I have to use Task Manager to kill MIDIControl.

Any ideas? Logs to look at, etc?
It's probably a bug in MIDIControl, as your setup seems to be OK.
I'll send you a debug version (with verbose mode enabled) in a few hours.

Do you have something special in your OBS about Scenes, Sources, Filters, or Transitions ?
Maybe nested sources ? That may cause MIDIControl to enter in an infinite loop.

Also, if it's not confidential, you can try to send me an export (as json) of your OBS scenes collections.

lan-z

It's probably a bug in MIDIControl, as your setup seems to be OK.
I'll send you a debug version (with verbose mode enabled) in a few hours.

Do you have something special in your OBS about Scenes, Sources, Filters, or Transitions ?
Maybe nested sources ? That may cause MIDIControl to enter in an infinite loop.

Also, if it's not confidential, you can try to send me an export (as json) of your OBS scenes collections.

Yes, I do have some nested sources. Nothing special from a filters or transition perspective.

lan-z

@Etuldan I found it. Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6 is what MIDIControl is pooping on. I disabled and then it worked. It just creates a Browser Dock and Brower Source. Maybe you can grab below and test:

countdooku

Do you remember the version of MIDIControl you had before updating ?

It looks like it was 1.3.0.0. I uninstalled and installed 1.6.0.1 last night and nothing was responding. It may be the MIDI controller and windows 10 being a pain. I will test on another computer tonight.

Etuldan

@Etuldan I found it. Animated Lower Thirds with Dockable Control Panel v.1.6 is what MIDIControl is pooping on. I disabled and then it worked. It just creates a Browser Dock and Brower Source. Maybe you can grab below and test:
I'm not able to reproduce with ALT installed and a 'clean' source of it in my OBS. Do you rename it with something special ?

It looks like it was 1.3.0.0. I uninstalled and installed 1.6.0.1 last night and nothing was responding. It may be the MIDI controller and windows 10 being a pain. I will test on another computer tonight.
It's probably an issue on MIDIControl side.
Could you try to install v1.3.1.1 (it should work), then v1.4.0.0 (and it should with it). If you confirm this, then It's due to some collision slider/note on same midi ID protection I (quick&dirty) added.

janbrosius

Hey everybody! I´m really excited about this tool but I can´t get the buttons to work. I can control volumes and the transition fader by using sliders on my akai mpkmini, but the buttons are not changing scenes or things like that. The buttons are noticed in MIDIcontrol but nothing changes in OBS.

Versions:
OBS 26.1.1 64-bit Windows
MIDIcontrol 16.0.1
Obs websocket 4.9.0

Can anyone help me please?

Greetings from Germany

Jan

lan-z

I'm not able to reproduce with ALT installed and a 'clean' source of it in my OBS. Do you rename it with something special ?

It's probably an issue on MIDIControl side.
Could you try to install v1.3.1.1 (it should work), then v1.4.0.0 (and it should with it). If you confirm this, then It's due to some collision slider/note on same midi ID protection I (quick&dirty) added.

Thanks. I’ll give it a go this weekend.

lan-z

Hey everybody! I´m really excited about this tool but I can´t get the buttons to work. I can control volumes and the transition fader by using sliders on my akai mpkmini, but the buttons are not changing scenes or things like that. The buttons are noticed in MIDIcontrol but nothing changes in OBS.

Versions:
OBS 26.1.1 64-bit Windows
MIDIcontrol 16.0.1
Obs websocket 4.9.0

Can anyone help me please?

Greetings from Germany

Jan

Same for me. The faders work well. Other than that, I haven’t gotten any other buttons to work. I have the APC Mini and an APC40 MKII. I believe it has to do with the buttons being momentary. Meaning they are on when you push and off when you release. They do not latch to on/off. I hope there is an answer. Otherwise I will try and use MIDI Translator Pro to “fix”.

countdooku

I tried reverting to 1.3.1 after 1.6 didnt work and none of my buttons or knobs are working. I installed websocket 4.9 amd that didn't help. Midi buttons are detected by the app but its like obs is not receiving them.

janbrosius

Same for me. The faders work well. Other than that, I haven’t gotten any other buttons to work. I have the APC Mini and an APC40 MKII. I believe it has to do with the buttons being momentary. Meaning they are on when you push and off when you release. They do not latch to on/off. I hope there is an answer. Otherwise I will try and use MIDI Translator Pro to “fix”.
Hey lan-z,
how can the translator fix that? Do you have a work-around for that?

Etuldan

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side, with OBS and an APC Mini.
Could you try to clean your keybinds ? ( delete keybinds.json inside %AppData%\MIDIControl )
Also, what is your configuration of your keybind in MIDIControl ? Did you enabled something on "On Key Release" ?
All buttons on MIDIControl do not latch to on/off (this is why there are show/hide/toggle, to cover every usecase).

Buttons works for SoundBoard feature ?

janbrosius

Could you try to clean your keybinds ? ( delete keybinds.json inside %AppData%\MIDIControl )
Also, what is your configuration of your keybind in MIDIControl ? Did you enabled something on "On Key Release" ?
All buttons on MIDIControl do not latch to on/off (this is why there are show/hide/toggle, to cover every usecase).

I just tried MIDIcontrol Version 1.5.0 that works for me. I will try to clean my keybinds with the new version.

janbrosius

Deleting the keybinds does not help.
I only configured Switch Scene on key press to test the function.
If I configure the soundboard and press the configured MIDI button to test MIDIControl crashes.

Etuldan

Did you try to uninstall old version of MIDIControl (and manual removal if necessairy of ramaining files), before installing the new version ?

lan-z

Hey lan-z,
how can the translator fix that? Do you have a work-around for that?

In my case, the APC Mini does work fine. I apologize, I was so focused on getting my MKII working. OBS works with press and release and soundboard works with the Mini as well.

The APC40 MKII, only the faders work. The APC40 MKII defaults to mode 0 which I thought was just like the APC Mini. I'll try mode 1 and 2 and see if the same thing happens. They are momentary buttons just like the Mini so it makes no sense. Nothing on press or release in OBS and when I config soundboard, on press OBS loses connection and MIDI Control crashes.

countdooku

In my case, the APC Mini does work fine. I apologize, I was so focused on getting my MKII working. OBS works with press and release and soundboard works with the Mini as well.

The APC40 MKII, only the faders work. The APC40 MKII defaults to mode 0 which I thought was just like the APC Mini. I'll try mode 1 and 2 and see if the same thing happens. They are momentary buttons just like the Mini so it makes no sense. Nothing on press or release in OBS and when I config soundboard, on press OBS loses connection and MIDI Control crashes.

I completely removed all files, deleted the json and reinstalled 1.6 and am seeing similar behavior on my X-touch mini. The rotary encoders are now working but any button press is not coming through. The notes are seen when making keybinds just nothing happens in OBS. The midi controller editor is showing buttons as note presses.

1613793271484.png