MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

Tannard

Hi o/
I would to know if it possible to have send informations of the same MIDI keyboard to 2 differents apps without using my keyboard (with letters, like MIDIKey2key do I think). I looked for a solution during the last 2 days but I can't find anything...
LoopBe1 need another software to work (I think because when I select it in your app it do nothing) and the majority of music software have options to do that.
So maybe someone asked it before (but I found nothing or maybe I do something wrong). In any case, your app is very good :D

Etuldan

Hi o/
I would to know if it possible to have send informations of the same MIDI keyboard to 2 differents apps without using my keyboard (with letters, like MIDIKey2key do I think). I looked for a solution during the last 2 days but I can't find anything...
LoopBe1 need another software to work (I think because when I select it in your app it do nothing) and the majority of music software have options to do that.
So maybe someone asked it before (but I found nothing or maybe I do something wrong). In any case, your app is very good :D
Select LoopBe1 as MIDIfoward device in MIDIControl.
Select LoopBe1 as MIDI in in you other application

Etuldan

Etuldan updated MIDIControl - Control OBS (and SoundBoard) with MIDI Input with a new update entry:

Preview Scene / Media / Transition Slider / OBS Feedback

Features :
- Preview Scene (like Switch Scene), for Studio mode only
- Media Play/Stop/Restart for Media Scene Items
- Transition manually using slider/knob
- MIDI Feedback for some OBS actions (only for APC Mini at the moment)

You have to upgrade your OBS Websocket to version 4.9.0 at least ( https://github.com/Palakis/obs-websocket/releases/tag/4.9.0 )

Read the rest of this update entry...

Etuldan

Great Plug-In. Is there any chance to control with a midi slider the transitionslider in studio mode in the future ? that would be awesome.
Yeah another request I have would be to be able to trigger the 'Play', 'Stop' and 'Restart' triggers that can currently be triggered by hotkeys on Media Sources.
Is it possible to add a set scene to preview option for studio mode?
Done in version 1.5.0.0

RotheStar

I have a KORG nonoKONTROL2 laying around for ages I found this software and I like it a lot. One thing I would like to see in a future update is the the values that is send as a toogle 0=off and 127=on will affect the state of the toggle.. why? well this midi device all the buttons are back lite illuminated when the value is=127 and in the setup program for the midi device you can set the function of a switch to momentary or toggle, that way the value send from the midi device will set the state of the toggle (mute/unmute) if the value is 0 or 127 (muted could be the value 127 witch would illuminate the channel that is muted) scene selected should have a value of 127 and the ability to set all other scene to 0 that way you can see what scene is selected.
IMG_2912.JPG

countdooku

Thanks! The preview works great! Except I had to update my websocket and OBS and now the sliders are not working. I tried deleting and re-adding them or modifying the knob assignment (Behringer X-touch mini) but neither the knob or the knob press are doing anything although the app sees the input. Anyone have any ideas?

Etuldan

Thanks! The preview works great! Except I had to update my websocket and OBS and now the sliders are not working. I tried deleting and re-adding them or modifying the knob assignment (Behringer X-touch mini) but neither the knob or the knob press are doing anything although the app sees the input. Anyone have any ideas?
Do you remember the version of MIDIControl you had before updating ?

Just signed up to give some feedback on the app

First off, great work on the core functionality.. The response is instant and reliable. I haven't seen any missed triggers or commands failing to be transmitted so far.

On the UI side - The binding list doesn't function correctly if you don't give each mapping a unique name, it may be a good idea to prevent saving bindings with no name (confusing), and prevent saving bindings that already exist (doesn't actually save)

For sliders - There seems to be a dead zone on sliders which is probably intentional to make sure that twitchy controllers don't accidentally trigger bindings. One improvement would be to allow the dead zone to be adjusted as some controllers are better built than others. The other more important thing, I think is that the output range for sliders is not scaled by the dead zone, so for example the bottom 10% and top 10% of the transition slider can't be used. The same applies to audio faders (jumps from -42 to -inf).

The audio sliders also seem to act a bit strangely as well.. The half way point on the slider is about -6dB so you get a lot of resolution from 0 to -6 but very little from -6 to -inf. I have a feeling this is something that each producer/controller will differ on in terms of curve rate preference so if the app does any translation at all on the volume sliders it would be cool to be able to customise the curve.

For reference I am using an APCMini. I got one a few days ago because it looked like there was active development for that controller. Works great!

Thanks for your work on the app. Regardless of the feedback, it's opened a lot of doors for budget stream production.

canned_laughter

Okay, so MIDIcontrol crashes any time I try to use my MIDI to play a something using the soundboard function. About 1/4 second plays and then it just does a hard crash. No other program is having issues. All OBS functions work great. All audio files are .MP3. The soundboard function is currently useless. Any fixes? Is it the file type? It's still a great program to do scene changes and control audio, but half the program is currently not functioning at all.

Etuldan

Etuldan

Okay, so MIDIcontrol crashes any time I try to use my MIDI to play a something using the soundboard function. About 1/4 second plays and then it just does a hard crash. No other program is having issues. All OBS functions work great. All audio files are .MP3. The soundboard function is currently useless. Any fixes? Is it the file type? It's still a great program to do scene changes and control audio, but half the program is currently not functioning at all.
Should be OK with latest version 1.6.0.1

Hmm, previous post got caught in some kind of moderator filter.. Lets see if this works

Is there a dead zone on the top and bottom of slider inputs? I notice that sliders snap to the min/max values if they are within a certain distance of either (about 10%).. Normally if there is a dead zone configured, the active input range is scaled so you can still hit all the output values