MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices

Free MIDIControl - Control OBS, Soundboard, Twitch chat with MIDI Devices 2.0.1.0

xfabregas

Version 2 doesn't work for me with OBS 21.1.8 (w/websocket5), I mean,... in the websocket configuration panel in OBS seems signals are in&out-coming because "Messages In/out" value changes by pushing any configured button in MIDIController2 (I'm using Korgh NanoKontrol2). But anything happends in OBS,... I tried many configurations: scene changing, toggle rec and stream,... nothing happens

Any idea of what is happening?
Thx

mr_selec

After the update, OBS seems to respond again, but "toggle source" still does not work for me. I can show and hide sources, so do I miss something?

btw: Great tool, sometimes a bit bumpy, but great help when it works!

Etuldan

After the update, OBS seems to respond again, but "toggle source" still does not work for me. I can show and hide sources, so do I miss something?

btw: Great tool, sometimes a bit bumpy, but great help when it works!
Thanks you for the feedback !
Stability of MIDIControl with our new WebSocket support and UI is now the top priority.

Tracker for your issue : https://github.com/Etuldan/MidiControl/issues/28 (feel free to comment)

Is MIDI communication bidirectional between OBS + this plugin and other devices/applications? I'd like the ability to control Voicemeeter but I would just as soon not use hotkeys to handle that. I'd much rather use MIDI events to, for example, send a message to Voicemeeter to unmute my mike. I have a button on my stream deck that unmutes my mike in OBS Studio, but I'd also like to add an event that unmutes it at Voicemeeter, along with another to mute it, same thing. That said, when I'm not using it, I usually like muting my mike not just in OBS Studio (which only affects OBS Studio), but my mike at Voicemeeter (which affects all apps).

Thanks!

--Katt. =^.^=

Etuldan

Is MIDI communication bidirectional between OBS + this plugin and other devices/applications? I'd like the ability to control Voicemeeter but I would just as soon not use hotkeys to handle that. I'd much rather use MIDI events to, for example, send a message to Voicemeeter to unmute my mike. I have a button on my stream deck that unmutes my mike in OBS Studio, but I'd also like to add an event that unmutes it at Voicemeeter, along with another to mute it, same thing. That said, when I'm not using it, I usually like muting my mike not just in OBS Studio (which only affects OBS Studio), but my mike at Voicemeeter (which affects all apps).

Thanks!

--Katt. =^.^=
MIDIControl has a feature to forward MIDI events, using a software MIDI device emulation.
So yes, you can perfectly use your MIDI device with MIDIControl, and use the MIDI signal forwarded on your Voicemmeter software. (and to be honest the MIDI forward feature was implemented for this usecase !)

But no, MIDIControl is not able to send MIDI Events from itself, it's just a receiver/forwarder

Last edited:
MIDIControl has a feature to forward MIDI events, using a software MIDI device emulation.
So yes, you can perfectly use your MIDI device with MIDIControl, and use the MIDI signal forwarded on your Voicemmeter software. (and to be honest the MIDI forward feature was implemented for this usecase !)

But no, MIDIControl is not able to send MIDI Events from itself, it's just a receiver/forwarder

Actually, I just realized I was asking the wrong thread. I just realized that this was the tool, not the plugin. I have used the tool in the past, for which I want to get some MIDI control surfaces to use with OBS.

Thanks for answering my question anyway, even though I meant it to go elsewhere!

--Katt. =^.^=

Cerberus262

I can't find any info on how you ADD new Hotkeys. I have seen the info on Advanced Lower Thirds but would just love a clear understanding of how I add Hotkeys. I am aware of the OBS_KEY? symbols that OBS uses, I just don't know how they work for you and how to edit your keywords txt

I want to create Hotkeys for Downstream Keyer in OBS and have MIDIControl allow me to Play those Scenes.
I don't see that this question ever got addressed and I have the same one. Is there any tutorial on how to add hotkeys? How to edit the file with commands? I have a list of hotkeys I'd like to map.

Trando

So I've run into some issues using VoiceMeeter as a virtual interface as a means of making the soundboard functional. VM has become more of a hassle to utilize than it's worth and I'm looking for alternatives to run Midicontrol. Are there any workarounds? Is it possible to use a physical interface?

LiamSixx

Hey there! I'm struggling to get the application to sync with OBS using the websocket. I input the server ID and password, then hit the OBS connect icon at the bottom and nothing at all happens! I'd mess with more settings if I could but i'm at my wits end with it. I have a couple other websockets installed that are working fine so i'm not sure why it isn't connecting like the others. Any help here?

luula_b

Hello, I have a question it is possible to add lighting on my apc mini. for order my button or see if they are active or not
Thank you

Trando

Hey I'm looking for some input and ideas on how to best make an ID sheet of some kind for use with this program. In lieu of an LED ID system for MIDI controllers that have the feature built in, does anyone have any creative, interesting, or simple way to ID their MIDI controller layouts? Currently using a simple chart whipped up in Paint.net, but the reference isn't great and I really need some new suggestions.

Wikibobapedia

Downloaded and installed. I can use it as a soundboard but that's it. Can't connect to OBS. I get the Websocket IP and password from the Websocket Server Settings in OBS and enable everything but nothing works. Does this thing still work or not?

ATs_fm

Hey, I've got an issue with the 'On Slider Change' action. Adjusting Volume works just fine, only adjust filter settings does not actually change any filter value. Does anyone experience the same issue?