Question / Help Mic stops working after streaming for a while

Failattempts

So the issue is that after streaming for about 30 min - 1 hr my mic just completely stops working, it stops picking up in Discord, OBS, and in the Sounds properties within windows, its as if its muted. This only happens when using OBS, I can play for 5 days straight and not have 1 issue with my mic, but once I start streaming it messes up, and I am completely out of options at this point.
Troubleshooting steps taken: Updated OBS, all windows updates, and drivers directly from manufactures websites and have most current BIOS. Played with all sound options within OBS and Windows, and tried the Streamlabs OBS as well. Unplugged all USB's from my computer insuring I only have what I am using plugged in, and every time my Mic would stop working, I would change the USB port it was plugged into.

Computer specs:
Asus Rampage V Extreme (Motherboard)
Intel 5930k 6-Core (CPU)
960 Pro SSD (Storage)
2x 1080 Ti's in SLI (GPU)
1600 W Evga PSU (Power Supply)
Full Custom loop liquid cooled (Cooling)

Peripherals:
Razer Blackwidow Chroma v1 (Keyboard)
Razer Naga Trinity (Mouse)
Logitech C920 HD PRO WEBCAM (Webcam)
Blue Yeti MIC (Mic)
Astros A40 + Mixamp (headset)
ASUS ROG PG278QR 27" 1440p 1ms 165Hz G-SYNC (Monitor) plugged in with Displayport
BenQ XL2720Z 144Hz 1ms 27 inch (Monitor) plugged in with HDMI

Prgorams for the attached file:
2018-11-28 23-45-55.txt and 2019-01-06 16-34-06.txt is from regular OBS
and
2019-01-08 19-10-50.txt and 2019-01-08 19-58-44.txt is from Streamlabs OBS

Attachments

• 2018-11-28 23-45-55.txt
    60.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 2019-01-06 16-34-06.txt
    63.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2019-01-08 19-10-50.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 2019-01-08 19-58-44.txt
    21.9 KB · Views: 55

DEDRICK

Check your Yeti Sample rate

1547079344351.png

Set OBS to the same Sample Rate
1547079381047.png

Failattempts

So everything seem the same, except for the Sample rate, and the only other option I have for that is 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Attachments

• 1and2fordeleting.JPG
    1and2fordeleting.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 213

Zidakuh

Could also be the powersaving setting, turning off the USB port your yeti is connected to. Disable the powersaver setting under the windows power management advanced settings.

axordg

Had the same problem with an AT2020 usb, and what I did was to UNINSTALL the Microphone via Device Manager in Windows, unplugged the Mic, restart the computer, login to windows again, plug the Microphone in a different usb port and the issue is gonne. Pretty weird bug.

MrPlank

This is a long shot since it has been such a long time. But did manage to find a fix for this problem? I have the same issue.

Alfy1985

Hello everyone and happy new year.
I too have the same problem with the microphone of the "Logitech Streamcam"
If the game works great, while on Discord, Google Duo or other similar applications, after some time the microphone stops working.
If I restart the PC or if I change the microphone to use and then reset it, the webcam microphone is reset.
Are you solved?

1101base2

look that the mic and the cam not on the same USB root hub
why would this cause issues? For me they are both plugged into the back USB ports of my computer which I'm not sure if they are all the same USB hub. The only true option I would have to change this would be to install a PCIE USB card to "add" ports or a plate to motherboard connector.

I mean if it will solve this blasted issue I'm all for it, but why does this cause an issue only when SLOBS is in the mix?

Tyfyta618

I’ve been looking for a thread like this for a year and you’re the first one I’ve found, crazy how we all have the same issue. I’m just beginning to think my CPU is to slow.

Cellidor

For those still encountering this issue, I found a solution that may work for you.

Go to your settings and check to see if your streaming output is set to Hardware (NVENC) or Software (x264).
Mine was set to Hardware, and the problem ceased happening when I switched the streaming encoder to Software instead.

My hypothesis is that depending on your computer's GPU, playing any game that either taxes the GPU, or both the CPU/GPU together enough will cause a hiccup with how OBS recieves mic inputs. Either way, switching it so the encoder works purely off the CPU worked for me and might for you.