Question / Help Low FPS when OBS is on iGPU

m1rk0zw

Hey,

I've experienced a little problem while streaming and just found the reason it happened, but didnt find the solution for it.
When I'm opening OBS Studio (newest version) and put OBS on my secondary monitor, start a game (PUBG or something) and go into the game, OBS shows very low fps.
When OBS is on my main monitor, it doesnt happen.

Main Monitor is connected to my GTX 1060 3GB.
Secondary Monitor is connected to my Intel HD 4600 (iGPU)

My PC:
i7 4770 4x3,7GHz
GW GTX1060 3GB
16GB DDR3-1333MHz

Internet Connection:
210MBit/s Download-Rate
190MBit/s Upload-Rate
Ping: 5-15 on german servers

I don't get the thing why it would go lower on fps, just when OBS is on secondary (iGPU) monitor, and this shit doesnt happen on my main monitor on GTX 1060.

Made a video to show it better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jOBcdY5lig&feature=youtu.be

Log:
https://pastebin.com/SsMCZwgp

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Capture does not work very well across multiple GPUs. You should plug both monitors in to your 1060 to avoid this. There's not much we can do.

m1rk0zw

Capture does not work very well across multiple GPUs. You should plug both monitors in to your 1060 to avoid this. There's not much we can do.
The problem is still there.
Connected my Monitor to the GTX 1060 directly and the frames are still dropping ..

Is it maybe an "OBS don't likes VGA Monitor-Problem"?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
The interface of the monitor is irrelevant. Get a new clean log that shows the issue.

To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Enable vsync or an FPS limiter to prevent your GPU from maxing out, that last log shows a ton of lost frames due to rendering stalls.

m1rk0zw

Enable vsync or an FPS limiter to prevent your GPU from maxing out, that last log shows a ton of lost frames due to rendering stalls.
I'll always Limit my FPS to 144 / 150, and when I go lower I get eye cancer. And VSync will never be a chance for me. VSync is delayed as hell, I dont get why ppl would play with VSync. ^^

And as I've said, its just because of the secondary monitor. If OBS is on first monitor, everything is alright and the Stream runs perfectly on 8000 Bitrate, 60FPS and 1080p. On second Monitor I can only do 30FPS but I dont want it. Even if I use my CPU to encode the stream it does the same. Its just OBS having problems on secondary monitor I guess.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
I'll always Limit my FPS to 144 / 150, and when I go lower I get eye cancer.
If that results in your GPU maxing out then you'll have to choose between being dramatic and balancing performance so OBS has enough resources to operate.

m1rk0zw

If that results in your GPU maxing out then you'll have to choose between being dramatic and balancing performance so OBS has enough resources to operate.
So, what do you mean by that? What should I do then? Going on 720p 30 FPS? ^^

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
If you aren't willing to manage your system load (i.e. capping the game's frame rate so it doesn't overload the GPU) then you'll just have to deal with the performance issues. You're basically asking "What should I do if I don't want to do the thing that will fix the problem?"

m1rk0zw

If you aren't willing to manage your system load (i.e. capping the game's frame rate so it doesn't overload the GPU) then you'll just have to deal with the performance issues. You're basically asking "What should I do if I don't want to do the thing that will fix the problem?"

Yeah, but tell me the thing why should OBS get lower FPS if the OBS window is on the secondary monitor?
So I guess theres some kind of problem with OBS or else.

I also tested the following: If I connect my Television (LG, 1360x768 Res, HDMI) there's no FPS Drop or something.
If connected on my BenQ FP202W, VGA, there is FPS Drop.

So maybe OBS doesnt like VGA or older Monitors?