Question / Help Livestream a slightly edited OBS recording?

leannacinquanta

Hi, I am a newbie to both livestreaming and OBS, and LOVE OBS!! You folks have created an amazing software that is so powerful. I recorded my video, edited (on CS6) a couple of areas that didn't flow so well and then ran it as a livestream and got 3x the views and comments of a normal video, so I'm really excited about the potential of this. However before doing another one, I want to make sure that it's acceptable in the livestream community to record a livestream-format video with OBS but make a couple of minor edits before streaming it?
Thank you
Leanna

leannacinquanta

Sorry for the confusion, but I created the video entirely - it was me speaking, and telling a story using photos and different scenes I had set up ahead of time in OBS. After running it live on FB I posted it here as a regular vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBJSmVPdR-g&t=8s
The point is, instead of directly streaming it, first I RECORDED it (using OBS, as if it was live, with different backgrounds and scenes) and then edited out a couple of places where, for example, I fumbled around hunting for the next scene/image I wanted to show. Is it ok in Facebook Live, Youtube Live etc, to "Live Stream" an ORIGINAL video that was pre-recorded in live style, but which had a couple things edited to make it flow better?

Banyarola

I don't think it matters what you stream as long as it's yours..
Maybe others have a different opinion ...