Question / Help Live stream for Church use...

Anyone using Open Broadcaster for streaming church services?

I'm having a hard time finding info on what capture cards for analog video camera's are supported.

From what I understand the black magic stuff works, but not with audio. Thats fine as we use a M-Audio Profire 2626 to get the sound into our PC, just need to get the video in.

We are using a bunch of analog video camera's (4 to be exact) with single yellow RCA out and want to go into the PC.

I'd like to use some 4 (one for each camera)of the USB to RCA (Y/R/W) units, but I hear they are not compatible with OBS and it won't recognize it as a capture card.

The next best Black Magic card I can find is the Decklink Studio at about $700 retail. It has S-vid, RCA, HDMI and component in. I'm not able to use the HDMI and component, only the S-vid and RCA.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to use OBS for this. What type of cards are you guys using to get analog video in?

Thanks!

Thats great, thanks.

Does this actually show up as a capture device in OBS? I thought 99% of the USB devices did not get picked up by OBS as a capture device?

The price is great, and I'd assume we can use multiple of these on one PC...that is if OBS recognizes it.

Let me know,

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I have no idea if it's supported by the latest version of OBS, but I've heard that the latest test version might have helped add better support for USB devices. I have no idea about this particular device, though.

MairuFrost

I've actually been wanting to do this at my church for a wail now but I travel way to much and miss church to often, but god bless ya man, You could use a capture card that isn't exactly supported by OBS by using the screen capture of another program that can view capture inputs. Might be a little convoluted but it still could work.

Anyways Good luck and I hope it turns out well for you

Sincerely,
MairuFrost

dodgepong said:
I have no idea if it's supported by the latest version of OBS, but I've heard that the latest test version might have helped add better support for USB devices. I have no idea about this particular device, though.

Cool. There must be someone using one of the USB capture devices on this forum? Please let me know which one you are using.

MairuFrost said:
I've actually been wanting to do this at my church for a wail now but I travel way to much and miss church to often, but god bless ya man, You could use a capture card that isn't exactly supported by OBS by using the screen capture of another program that can view capture inputs. Might be a little convoluted but it still could work.

Anyways Good luck and I hope it turns out well for you

Thank you, good idea. I'll try it out. Thanks,

There must be someone using one of the USB capture devices on this forum? Please let me know which one you are using.

Anyone??? No-one is using capture devices with open broadcaster that accepts analog video devices..., seriously???

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
unclejemima said:
There must be someone using one of the USB capture devices on this forum? Please let me know which one you are using.

Anyone??? No-one is using capture devices with open broadcaster that accepts analog video devices..., seriously???
Can you say more specifically which devices you are looking at getting? It might be easier to say positively or negatively if a given device works, rather than give you a complete list of all devices that work.

Anyone? Really wanting to purchase a capture card that will work.

Must be someone using on that works with openbroadcaster???

Can you say more specifically which devices you are looking at getting? It might be easier to say positively or negatively if a given device works, rather than give you a complete list of all devices that work.

dodgepong, do you know of any? Sounded like you may have a complete list...?

I just need to know of 1 !!! :)

Thanks, :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I don't have a complete list; It would be impractical to buy every capture device out there and test to see if it works with OBS.

I know for sure the HD PVR devices do not work, and Roxio devices have issues. I think Dazzle devices might work, but they look really bad anyway.

I believe the main problem with a lot of USb devices is that the audio doesn't always work, but video does. If you can capture audio through your sound card Line In that could work. I don't have any experience with USB capture cards, though, so I don't know of any I can recommend to you.

Also there is this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2517