Resource icon

Little program to control up to two Logitech PTZ 2 Pro / PTZ Pro / Rally cameras 2.1.0.32

xMRi

xMRi submitted a new resource:

Little program to control up to two Logitech PTZ 2 Pro cameras - Controller for Logitech PTZ 2 Pro cameras

In our church we use 2 Logitech PTZ 2 Pro cameras.
I wrote a small tool to control up to two cameras.
No remote control is needed any longer.

Features are:
  • supports 8 hardware camera presets
  • tooltips to see the active presets
  • presets can be set from within the tool (Memory button)
  • colored buttons to visualize the current selected preset or home position
  • all PTZ features supported (Pan / Tilt / Zoom)
  • user definable tooltips for the preset buttons
  • tool is always...

Read more about this resource...

alvarez4286

xMRi submitted a new resource:

Little program to control up to two Logitech PTZ 2 Pro cameras - Controller for Logitech PTZ 2 Pro cameras

Read more about this resource...
Hi xMRI our church also use 1 Logitech PTZ 2 Pro Camera but we have the issue that when we zoom in 100% the camera can't focus (really blury). We are using an iMac. So a quick questions. Do this program works on apple computers? and do you think this little program can help us with the autofocus after 100% zoom?

oneboredgeek

Hi xMRI our church also use 1 Logitech PTZ 2 Pro Camera but we have the issue that when we zoom in 100% the camera can't focus (really blury). We are using an iMac. So a quick questions. Do this program works on apple computers? and do you think this little program can help us with the autofocus after 100% zoom?
This looks like a beautiful solution but any plans to port to mac?
Need a way to fire off presets!

dynamike

Hi, I have the logitech PTZ Pro (1) and the plugin doesn't recognize the camera. What can I do to get it detected?
Can you help me ?

SettleJD

Hi
Would it be possible to produce a version for the original PTZ pro? At our church we have one of each version, and your program is brilliant for controlling the PTZ pro2 but I still need to use the ir remote controller for the PTZ pro(1). Actually even if it was a separate (ie. a second) app it would be good as I could have them available on opposite sides of the screen for the left and right hand cameras.

torkeal

Would it be possible to get this to work with the Logitech Group camera? It looks to be the same as the PTZ Pro 2 but has a different name when connected.

hlynge

Hi, I have the logitech PTZ Pro (1) and the plugin doesn't recognize the camera. What can I do to get it detected?
Can you help me ?
Hi Dynamike:
I have found a way to use this tool together with the Logitech PTZ Pro:
I saved the programme on the path: "c:\pydata\PTZControl"
and then i created a bat file with the following content:
start c:\pydata\PTZControl.exe -device:"PTZ PRO Camera"
Now it works when i start the programme by using the bat file.

Drye

Can this be installed and used on a Windows 10 Microsoft Teams Room system? Logitech does not currently have an on-screen camera or " Room Control" add-on application for their Rally systems like other producers of Microsoft Teams Room systems do.

SettleJD

Hi xMRi,
I have now been using the app for a couple of months, to control a PTZ Pro and a PTZ Pro 2 camera for church services. It is really good, and I am most impressed that you have created such a neat and intuitive little interface.
It feels impertinent to ask more of you but . . . .
I wonder if it might be possible to add a facility so that two instances of the app could be running and controlling 1 camera each? I find that often, in the heat of a livestream, it can be easy to forget which camera is selected on the app, and to unintentionally start moving the camera which is "live".
It would be helpful to be able to place two separate controllers at opposite sides of the screen, related to the physical locations of the two cameras. Is this possible?

SettleJD

Hello again xMRi,
We have now acquired a Logitech Group camera which looks identical and functions just like the PTZ Pro 2 bur identifies in OBS as Logi Group Camera. Logitech's own camera control software will recognise and control it. Can your program be adapted to also recognise it?
regards
John D

Beerzall

I have the same problem. When I run PTZControl.exe, I get the message "The "PTZ Pro 2" can't be found or is not connected." OBS finds the camera as "Logi Group Camera" The USB device in Device Manager is named "Logi Group". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!