Question / Help linux installation problems

kars

hello,
i wanted to install obs on my 32bit linux system but it keeps saying that the page doesn't exist anymore.
can somebody help me with installing obs on my system?

kars

i use the installation guide for obs studio on 32 bit debian 7 i belive
and it gives a 404 error on the ppa pages for ffmpeg and obs studio when i reload the archives

kars

all ppa adresses are correct, i used this guide before.
it went better this time but now i says it cant find obs-studio(ffmpeg is installed now)

it appears you're not following the guide as far as just entering the commands in a terminal, if this is true and you're trying to use the ubuntu software center or synaptic then don't search for obs-studio, just search for obs. if it still doesn't find it than please for heavens sake just follow the guide EXACTLY and ensure step is performed.

Manite

If the ppa is set up right you'll find obs by going to the software center. To the right of the "All Software" button theres a little down arrow, click that and you should see OBS Studio listed there. Click it and the packages from the source will be listed.

kars

1. debian only has synaptic and when i search for obs it shows a hole lot of packages but no obs
2. i followed the guide exactly but it gives a 404 error on the obs ppa when i update the packages

i wonder how you had previously used the PPA in wheezy, maybe the old PPA wasn't setup like the new official one is where it has Distro control.

If you read the error of course your command won't work because you aren't running ubuntu trusty tahr. the ppa is only setup to provide obs-studio for Ubuntu 14.04.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

You could always just compile it yourself, the install instructions are easy IMO. They would go something like the following
Code:
sudo apt-get install git
Code:
git clone https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio.git
Ensure you have a recent version of ffmpeg. Also ensure you have all the dependencies installed (note the names may be slightly diffferent in wheezy)
Code:
cmake libpulse-dev qtbase5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libavcodec-dev
libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libx264-dev libswresample-dev
libfdk-aac-dev libxinerama-dev libxcomposite-dev libxrandr-dev

and you need to decide if you want to do a portable install or a full system install. Once you make that decision the instructions to configure/compile and install it are located in the INSTALL file in the obs-studio folder that was created when you git cloned above.

Good luck

Alternatively there's this thread: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/compiling-and-installing-in-debian.17864/

Last edited: