Resource icon

Free Linux Distro featuring OBS & Nginx-RTMP 1.2.4

GillyMoMo

GillyMoMo submitted a new resource:

Linux Distro featuring OBS & Nginx-RTMP - Distro for Streaming

This is a little something I have been working on for the last 6 months or so. I'd like to welcome you to Broadcaster OS!

This distro I put together has some tools I thought might be helpful to your game streamer and streaming for other purposes as well. It still has some bugs I am working out but I thought this might be a good contribution to the community. This distro is Ubuntu base, I will make another that is rpm based in the future.

The following important tools and applications are...

Read more about this resource...

GillyMoMo

GillyMoMo updated Linux Distro featuring OBS & Nginx-RTMP with a new update entry:

Minor Changes

Minor changes

• Removed XFCE
  • Changed Icon theme (To clean up appearance)
  • Latest update to Ubuntu Base
I forgot to add instructions:

When you boot the live CD, you must login to the Guest Session and go into the menu to install. I am working on getting that fixed hopefully in a later update that will be fixed!

If you have any suggestions as to what I should add or take away from this please let me know here or via PM.

Read the rest of this update entry...

GillyMoMo

GillyMoMo updated Linux Distro featuring OBS & Nginx-RTMP with a new update entry:

Another Minor update

Broadcast-OS 1.2.3
  • Baselined nginx.conf file so it's easier to know where to place rtmp directive
  • Added emulators of various types
Note: I am still waiting on the OBS 0.12.4 commit so there should be a subsequent update afterwards when that happens. I am also looking to get a repo setup so this distro can keep rolling and I want to fork it from ubuntu. When I start getting reviews from this I will being work on the rpm based version of my distro.

Read the rest of this update entry...

GillyMoMo

Loving this. Any idea how I add Nginx to startup when the system boots?

Already done, it's more than likely derping out because I made the mistake of not putting the semicolon at the end of the example syntax in the nginx.conf file. I need to fix that!

Mr_Jay84

I have replaced the default config with my own which runs fine once i tell it form the terminal but never starts when the system boots. Ot was the same with the default config.

GillyMoMo

I have replaced the default config with my own which runs fine once i tell it form the terminal but never starts when the system boots. Ot was the same with the default config.

Are you using sudo service nginx restart, to restart once your conf file is configured?

GillyMoMo

I am going to be working on a server only version of this so that you can run this in a VM. I am hoping to add a web frontend to make things better for the user and easy to use.

GillyMoMo

I will be revamping this project from the ground up, there are some new plugins that have shown up in the last year or two and I would like to get those integrated for a smooth OOBE. Expect an update around the middle of October.

DarkXoa

I'm setting up a Linux machine to use for an RTMP server. I have very limited experience with Linux and that was about 7 years ago. Would you recommend using this distro as a Linux noob, or should I just install Ubuntu and follow this guide?

mpobcn

Hi , I´m Miguel from Barcelona (SPAIN) thank´s for support me . I have one question about
Linux Distro featuring OBS & Nginx-RTMP 1.2.4

Someone could explain me how I could install obs ndi plugin ? , I don´t have the root or admin or live users password , I have to validate with guest user .

I try to execute terminal app from guest user but not open´s (for install obs ndi plug in deb installers with dkpg rutine)

Thank´s for your support !