CEF-based browser source for Linux.

obs-linuxbrowser.png

Features:
  • Local files
  • Custom css
  • Flash plugin support
  • Interactivity support
Installation:

I provide 64bit binary releases on github releases page. If you use obs 16.0.2, make sure to download appropriate archive.
Extract...

Read more about this resource...

skiwithpete

I don't see it in OBS.

I'm using Lubuntu 16.04, OBS 19.02, Chromium - package is unzipped in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugin-config/

One tip when using this new browser with obs compared to the old qtwebkit browser source, if you don't want to see the scroll bars in the source, you need to add the following command line options in your source configuration.

--hide-scrollbars
--disable-overlay-scrollbar

After applying those you may need to restart OBS in order for the results to take affect, hitting the restart browser button doesn't seem to work.

I believe the plugin has custom css support, you can do that with CSS.

Yes, I can but the old browser plugin didn't display the scroll bars by default. I can also hide them by applying a crop filter as well and just cutting off the scroll bars.

JLRS

Hi !

I can't setup Linux Browser, if anybody help me...

I have already uploaded the files to: home/webm/.config/obs-studio/plugin_config/
and not work.

I created the directory "plugins" and neither work:

no-linux-browswer_01.jpg

I have not directory "PLUGINS" only "PLUGIN_CONFIG"...

no-linux-browswer_02.png

I wait... Thank you in advanced....

Last edited:

bazukas

Developer
Hi !

I can't setup Linux Browser, if anybody help me...

I have already uploaded the files to: home/webm/.config/obs-studio/plugin_config/
and not work.

I created the directory "plugins" and neither work:

no-linux-browswer_01.jpg

I have not directory "PLUGINS" only "PLUGIN_CONFIG"...

no-linux-browswer_02.png

I wait... Thank you in advanced....

Hello, you need to create the "plugins" directory yourself, you can find installation instructions over here: https://github.com/bazukas/obs-linuxbrowser#installing

JLRS

Hello, you need to create the "plugins" directory yourself, you can find installation instructions over here: https://github.com/bazukas/obs-linuxbrowser#installing

Thankyou very much BAZUKAS !

I created the folders manually with Double Commander, but; the route was not correct, since TERMNAL was very simple:

1.- mkdir -p $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins

2.- tar xfvz (download folder)/linuxbrowser0.2.0-obs18.0.1-64bit.tgz -C $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins

it is all :) :) :)

vapeahoy

Ok so I just verified a bug with this, I think:I run obs studio in portable mode, mint 18.2, and *if* i have the config files, and thus also linux browsers unique plugin folder, in the portable location-> Then I can only see the plugin's options for linux browser but get *no output*, it doesn't work. I disable portable mode, move all config files to the standard location for obs studio on my distro-> Linux browser works with it's output.
This saddens me greatly, and i'm hoping it's either just an oversight on my part or that we can get this fixed asap.
It does not seem to be a permission issue on my end that I can see or anything like that, i'm open for ideas tho.
Obs studio itself has some issues with running in portable mode, that frankly shouldn't still exist but they're quite minor, such as log file location etc (it still writes/uploads logs just fine).

edit: initially i thought it was just something about my compiling, but it was just this thing with portable mode. Tested both compile from source/premade binaries.

bazukas

Developer
Ok so I just verified a bug with this, I think:I run obs studio in portable mode, mint 18.2, and *if* i have the config files, and thus also linux browsers unique plugin folder, in the portable location-> Then I can only see the plugin's options for linux browser but get *no output*, it doesn't work. I disable portable mode, move all config files to the standard location for obs studio on my distro-> Linux browser works with it's output.
This saddens me greatly, and i'm hoping it's either just an oversight on my part or that we can get this fixed asap.
It does not seem to be a permission issue on my end that I can see or anything like that, i'm open for ideas tho.
Obs studio itself has some issues with running in portable mode, that frankly shouldn't still exist but they're quite minor, such as log file location etc (it still writes/uploads logs just fine).

edit: initially i thought it was just something about my compiling, but it was just this thing with portable mode. Tested both compile from source/premade binaries.

Hey there. Could you open an issue on plugin's github page? I'll look into it this week.

vapeahoy

It would be really great, maybe can unravel the clue to why obs studio behaves as it does on more issues then just this.
For the record i didn't have any problem compiling the latest cef or plugin version. Cheers.

fragmentalstew

I'm using this plugin with Kapchat, and when chat goes beyond the bounds of the window it doesn't scroll. In order to solve this, I set the "Vertical Scroll" setting to a stupidly high number, but it seems like there should be a better solution. In the windows browser source it just stays at the bottom automatically.

Edit: https://community.nightdev.com/t/kapchat-doesnt-scroll/22392 post about this in the nightdev(Kapchat) forums

Edit2: scrolling seems to work fine now. I have no ideas.

Last edited:

brucehvn

Ok, so the docs made it sound like the browser source was included in the base OBS Studio. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and OBS 23.2.1 and I don't have a browser source. Do I still need to download and install this plugin?

NexAdn

The original Browser Source is included in OBS Studio for Windows and Mac, but _not_ for Linux. That's why this plugin exists and that's why (currently) you need to download this plugin, too, if you want to have a browser source under Linux.