Question / Help League of Legends is always a black screen

Gatorade4YoMama

I'm trying to stream Lol, but every time I try to set it up the whole screen is black. I've tried capturing game, window, desktop, and using global settings, but nothing is working. It's all black but at the same time, I can see my mouse cursor, and the custum skin for it that lol puts on it when you're in game.

Gatorade4YoMama

=====Stream Start=====================================================================
Multithreaded optimizations: On
Base resolution: 1366x768
Output resolution: 908x512
------------------------------------------
Loading up D3D10...
Using auxilary audio input: Microphone (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
Audio Encoding: AAC
bitrate: 128
Video Encoding: x264
fps: 20
width: 908, height: 512
quality: 8
preset: slower
i444: no
max bitrate: 1000
buffer size: 1000
using shared texture capture
Total frames rendered: 391, number of frames that lagged: 4 (1.02%) (it's okay for some frames to lag)
Number of b-frames dropped: 0, Number of p-frames dropped: 0
=====Stream End=======================================================================

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You need to run league of legends in borderless window mode (fullscreen windows), or a regular windowed mode.

If you don't want to use a windowed mode, you have to use game capture or a capture card to capture fullscreen games.

Toxikr3

I have streamed LoL and Dota fullscreen (not window) and they work fine.

I do get the occasional black screen but I restart OBS and if that doesn't solve it I restart both the game and OBS, starting OBS first then the game.

-Toxikr3

Uli

Warchamp7 said:
It might work, but it would probably flicker a ton, if it works at all.

Actually this is the confusing thing for me, I see people get this issue all the time however when I do fullscreen league of legends with OBS (Using Software Capture) or Xsplit (Using Screen Region) I never once got the flickering.

Phizzix

In order for you to stream League of Legends, you need to go to your video options and set it to borderless.
Then, in OBS, use software capture.
That way should work.