Houston - MIDI Controller for OBS

Free Houston - MIDI Controller for OBS 5.0.2

mrjumpingjack

mrjumpingjack submitted a new resource:

Launchpad for OBS - Use your launchpad as an OBS control panel

LaunchPad for OBS enables you to control your OBS instance via launch pad buttons.
Supports normal and studio mode.

View attachment 59434

Supported actions:
-Start/Stop/Toogle Stream
-Start/Stop/Toogle/Pause recording
-Change scenes
-Preview scene
-Set transtion/duration
-Toogle mute audio device
-Change volume of device
-Soundboard buttons

Supported pads as now:
-Novation LaunchPad mini
-Novation LaunchPad Mk3

Github link...

Read more about this resource...

Ksisios

I didn't had the chance to test it with a MK2 yet, some of the buttons could be different, if you could test it and give me feedback i appreciate it
If you want we can go on discord and i tell you ? (Ksisios#0010) It could be easier to discuss !

doctorcurly

I just tried your plugin with the Launchpad Mk2, and it does appear that the buttons are mapped differently from what you show in the software interface. I bought the Launchpad Mk2 specifically to use with your awesome plugin. I'd be willing to pay for support to be added to the Mk2 (or to explain how to re-map the buttons). You can see in the attached photo that the buttons which are mapped do not correspond to the highlighted keys on the Launchpad.

If you don't think you'll be adding Launchpad Mk2 support, I'd like to know so I can return the Mk2 and exchange for a Mini (the Mk2 just arrived today!)

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_181008.jpg
    IMG_20200807_181008.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 343

mrjumpingjack

I just tried your plugin with the Launchpad Mk2, and it does appear that the buttons are mapped differently from what you show in the software interface. I bought the Launchpad Mk2 specifically to use with your awesome plugin. I'd be willing to pay for support to be added to the Mk2 (or to explain how to re-map the buttons). You can see in the attached photo that the buttons which are mapped do not correspond to the highlighted keys on the Launchpad.

If you don't think you'll be adding Launchpad Mk2 support, I'd like to know so I can return the Mk2 and exchange for a Mini (the Mk2 just arrived today!)

Thanks for your feedback, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I didnt had a chance to test it with a MK2, just because I don't own one but i'll try to add support for the MK2 this week.

doctorcurly

Your update appears to work well with the MK2. Thank you for that. I noticed that if I select the "Fade" option for a transition, it resets the duration to 2 ms. Can you change it so that you can specify the duration in your program to a custom value OR tell it to use the current;y set duration value?

doctorcurly

Also! I would really love it if there was a way to control individual sources using the Launchpad. I have a scene with several different lower third and misc popup images and I'd like to toggle those on and off without changing scenes. I also have my laptop's webcam in the very bottom right corner of the canvas and I'd like to be able to toggle that as well. I would prefer to not have to create a different scene with every possible combination of active sources, and use your tool to select my sources instead. Thanks for your hard work.

doctorcurly

You absolutely crushed it in this latest release. Thank you for adding the individual source control. I directed a virtual charity cabaret last night using your software with OBS, and the producer said my tech was "flawless."

What are your thoughts on adding the ability to assign buttons to various pre-configured transitions? In Studio Mode, this would let me set the preview scene with one button, and then execute the specific saved transition (or the default transition) using another button.

What do you think about you adding the ability to assign a keystroke (e.g. ALT-X) or a series of keystrokes with pauses (e.g. ALT-X / wait 5000 ms/ ALT-X) to a button?

In the first case, I would like to assign the keystroke to the TRANSITION command, so that in Studio Mode, I can load the scene in preview, and then hit another button to transition to it.

In the second case, I would like to be able to hit a single button to make a lower third scene item appear for X milliseconds, and then disappear. It could also be used to switch to a different scene for X milliseconds, and then switch back (e.g. ALT-2 / wait 5000 ms / ALT-1, where I've assigned ALT-number hotkeys to my scenes. This addition of a timer, and multiple keystrokes would add multiple novel features to OBS that I haven't seen effectively implemented elsewhere. And the other solutions definitely don't turn on the pretty lights on the Launchpad!

Geesejuggler

Are there any necessary steps I need to take in order to make it work?
When I currently try to start the 'Launchpad for OBS' app, nothing happens but I can see some errors appear in the Windows Event Viewer.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Geesejuggler

Are there any necessary steps I need to take in order to make it work?

I resolved the issue: it came down to the Launchpad not receiving enough USB power to function properly (it lit up, but nothing much after that).
I plugged it into another port and installed and configured obs-webhooks (which I also forgot) and it all works now!

Thanks for your effort on Launchpad for OBS!

CallMeViez

How do you connect it to the OBS?
the application detects my launchpad but it won't connect to the OBS, can somebody help me to connect it? thank you

azido

Hey man,

absolutely appreciate your plugin, thanks for your efforts on it. Especially after i tried to find a standalone app to let my launchpad trigger soundfiles without an additional daw or sequencer behind it, your app offers exactly that! Thank you very much.

One question though: are you able to make the gui somehow "writeable" so i could put short descriptions on the buttons instead of your "bang icons" ? that would be really useful to remember which sample is on which button..

mrjumpingjack

Hey man,

absolutely appreciate your plugin, thanks for your efforts on it. Especially after i tried to find a standalone app to let my launchpad trigger soundfiles without an additional daw or sequencer behind it, your app offers exactly that! Thank you very much.

One question though: are you able to make the gui somehow "writeable" so i could put short descriptions on the buttons instead of your "bang icons" ? that would be really useful to remember which sample is on which button..

Hey,
Thanks for your feedback, I see your point with the button description. I'll implement it in the next update. At the moment I don't have much time, but I'm planning to publish the next "big" update first quarter next year.