Question / Help Lags after update OBS

Eugene

Hi guys! I have updated my OBS to 0.10.1 version. After that I have huge lags when streaming. Usually I have about 120 fps at Starcraft 2. After I turned on stream I have lags (like fps drops) from 120 fps to 60 every three seconds. But I don't have drops at OBS and spikes at game. Everything works correctly before update.

Could you help me with this please? Maybe I need to change some settings, dunno.

My specs: Intel Core i5, 8 Гб DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750

NateSnowstorm

check to see if your settings haven't changed, not sure, but often times updates can reset settings. (especially if you reinstall from the website as opposed to the built-in updater.)

badgeroni

i stream every day and never had lag once, I've also not yet upgraded to the latest software but tonight its been VERY laggy, the cam and everything is really lag. i have no different setup than any other night

Eugene

check to see if your settings haven't changed, not sure, but often times updates can reset settings. (especially if you reinstall from the website as opposed to the built-in updater.)
Seems like all settings are the same as in previous version.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's the link at the top of the forum*: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/include-a-log-file-if-you-have-a-problem-heres-how.16571/

We haven't changed anything in terms of rendering or encoding in the last update, the last update was primarily just bug fixes and a few unrelated features like hotkeys, so it's unlikely that the update would be to blame for any problem you're experiencing.

And if you're meaning lag as in frame drops or network connection, then it's definitely not the fault of the program. Check your connection/internet performance. The program is not something you should blame if you're having frame drops or connection issues. The program has not changed in that regard and does nothing unusual in terms of sending out data.

Last edited:

Eugene

It's the link at the top of the program: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/include-a-log-file-if-you-have-a-problem-heres-how.16571/

We haven't changed anything in terms of rendering or encoding in the last update, the last update was primarily just bug fixes and a few unrelated features like hotkeys, so it's unlikely that the update would be to blame for any problem you're experiencing.

And if you're meaning lag as in frame drops or network connection, then it's definitely not the fault of the program. Check your connection/internet performance. The program is not something you should blame if you're having frame drops or connection issues. The program has not changed in that regard and does nothing unusual in terms of sending out data.
I said that it is NOT network connection or frame drops. It was like lagging in game when I turn on obs streaming.
I will send log file later.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Apologies for not reading more thoroughly, it's pretty late and I'm half-dead because I need sleep.

Eugene

My connection speedtest
4376420894.png

Eugene

Also I have checked that Starcraft2 is lagging when I simply open OBS (without turn on streaming).

UPD: I have installed 0.9.1 version and everything works good. It 100% bug at your update.

Last edited:
In EVE Online I get 56 fps without OBS running, once I start OBS (and not stream) it is down to 31 fps. Capturing the game seems to be the real work, not the streaming itself.