Bug Report Keyboard/Mouse "Stalls" while running OBS

Acesfury

Hello,

I'm recently having a lot of trouble with OBS causing what I can best describe as a Stall of my keyboard and Mouse inputs.

I just got a new Logitech G510s Keyboard and G500s Mouse. These components are designed to work together but it appears that OBS causes them to reset every 3-5 mins resulting in a 1-2s long pause in function. I've tried various changes to the Logitech settings and can't seem to find any way to prevent it.

I have determined that it ONLY occurs when OBS is running in Administrator mode, which is required for OBS to stream game screens. When it's running normally it does not cause any problems. Is there a function in OBS that I need to change or something to solve this issue? 1-2s is a lifetime in an FPS...

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Input stalls are generally attributed to hardware issues -- Due to the nature of what OBS does, many devices are active at once on your system so there's a ton of stuff going back and forth on your motherboard, and if your motherboard can't handle it there might be stalls -- not entirely sure if this is due to bad or out of date drivers, or if it's because of the hardware itself, but I'm fairly certain it's not OBS itself directly causing the stalls. Sometimes swapping USB ports for some devices can help alleviate issues.

Post a log for good measure just in case, though. Also, update your drivers (including motherboard drivers if you have it).