Question / Help Invalid Path or Connection URL error keeps appearing

TeunBuwalda

I've recently successfully recorded a single window with OBS to post some music to YouTube, but I'm trying to use the software again and it simply won't work. No matter what I do, when I click "Start Streaming" it will show the "Invalid Path or Connection URL" dialogue. I know what this is supposed to mean, and I've tried changing the Recording Path to basically anything (including an external USB drive). I've tried resetting OBS settings, uninstalling and reinstalling OBS, rebooting my computer, none of which made any difference. The Recording Format doesn't change anything either. Interestingly, recording audio seems to work fine. What could possibly be going wrong?

If it's any help: https://gist.github.com/e66055c8c07a0416d3da7a0864bf4457

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you want to record, you should press Start Recording, not Start Streaming. You haven't configured a streaming server which is why you get the error when you press Start Streaming.

Difeinder

ich habe das Problem wenn ich auf start Streaming klick bekomme ich die Meldung " Ungültiger Pfad oder Verbindungs-URL. Bitte überprüfen Sie ihre Einstellungen und stellen Sie sicher, dass diese korrekt sind. " was soll ich tun ??

none

If you want to record, you should press Start Recording, not Start Streaming. You haven't configured a streaming server which is why you get the error when you press Start Streaming.
R1CH
I Have A problem of when i'm streaming it saying
Invalid Path or Connection URL error keeps appearing
what i'm gonna do in it?

none

now it's failed to connect the server.. :-(
1589868160880.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
As the message suggests, you've either entered an invalid hostname or bound to an protocol family that your provider doesn't support.