Individual Source Preview Lock

Banyarola

When I used Xsplit they had a feature where you could lock individual sources instead of the global source preview lock in OBS..
While the preview lock in OBS is good, and certainly was a welcome addition,I would like to see and individual source option made available.

Thanks guys...

Gabriel F. Lujan

I'm adding my vote to this feature being implemented as well. It's annoying trying to customize a layout when you accidentally grab the wrong source/window because they're all movable. This is especially frustrating when you have a source using KapChat or Muxy/StreamLabs alerts where the content isn't always visible.

Somewhat unrelated, but since I'm here...

I'd also like to see the bounding boxes use the same height & width values as the source material. As it is right now, it's confusing because there are the transform properties, as well as the main source properties. They don't seem to coincide or have any consistency. Going back to the alerts issue, the source material from Muxy/StreamLabs could be one resolution, but the bounding box in OBS is another. Overall, I want the dimensions in OBS to control the final dimensions of whatever my source material is.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'd also like to see the bounding boxes use the same height & width values as the source material. As it is right now, it's confusing because there are the transform properties, as well as the main source properties. They don't seem to coincide or have any consistency. Going back to the alerts issue, the source material from Muxy/StreamLabs could be one resolution, but the bounding box in OBS is another. Overall, I want the dimensions in OBS to control the final dimensions of whatever my source material is.

The browser source defines a texture size, and if you "reset" the source (select it and press Ctrl + R) you will have a source that is exactly as large as you set it to be in the source settings. The transforms are just that: transforms. So you can apply a scale to make it relatively bigger or smaller, and that is a transform on the original texture size.