Question / Help Incredibly Low Upload Speeds - OBS telling me to use Moscow Server

FarmerBowen

Hi,

It seems like every few months, something in OBS or in my home decides to go haywire and mess up my system.

I typically have no issues streaming in 1080p/60fps @ 6000 bitrate, using an Elgato HD60s, and using OBS 22.0.2. I use restream, and simultaneously stream to Mixer, Facebook, and Twitch. I'm normally on LA servers.

But every now and then, like right now for example, whenever I go to stream my frames drop rapidly, and my Stream Health Indicator goes from green to red almost immediately.

I ran the auto config wizard, and this time it told me the best I could stream at is 480p, and using a Moscow server. I'm in Arizona, US.

My DL speeds are reading anywhere between 250 and 900 mbps when I test, but my upload speed is suffering at <15mbps (when normally it is 25-30mbps).

As I said this has happened before, and I fixed it through firmware/driver updates. But it seems to keep coming back. I've tried wireless, wired, direct to modem, different cables, etc...

PLease help me out!