Question / Help Impossible to stream on twitch! (HELP!)

ConsoleTVs

Hello i find myself in pain right now, i'm unable to make twitch work for me.

I've tried other streaming servieces suchas hitbox or azubu with huge success, no lagg, perfect quality etc.

but twitch seems it does not want to work :c

The problem; It buffers every 5 seconds more less, it's impossible to see.

Solutions tried:

Changing servers (tried all EU), setting bit rate to diferent numbers (from 3500 to 1500), changing FPS, tuning resolution, changing encoder... no results at al!! I got 31 mb upload speed! (10% of my download speed - 300 mb)

Any solutions?

Attachments

• 2016-07-03 05-48-08.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 27

Schyler

Your CPU is overloaded causing frame rendering issues. You need a better CPU and GPU. Preferably an i7-47XX(k) or better. And probably a GTX 960 or R9 390/R9 480.

Schyler

Also, try resetting your twitch stream key if your cpu isn't getting overloaded with edited settings.

jds4578

i would also, suggest you stream using NVENC as it only uses 2% of cpu usage, you must have a recent nvidia card, 900 series, ans some 700 series cards have this ability, the AMD video cards use VCE ability, with whatever pc game you are trying to stream with at the same time.

Oh and streaming to twitch, always use 30 fps, as any higher, and the twitch player will buffer/drop frames, for those watching your stream. if you cannot change the fps on certain games, set OBS/OBS studio, to limit the framerates.

Last edited:

Harold

NVENC isn't a good encoder to use at twitch's bitrate limits. Even at the upper limit of twitch's bitrate limits, you're not in the range where NVENC offers even equal quality to 2000kbit x264.

Schyler

3250 with x264 looks the best for non partnered steamers. Also what jds said it's false. Use 60 if you want if you have the power, but 60fps will not cause twitch to buffer unless you are dropping frames.

Harold

Perhaps it looks the best, assuming your viewers actually have the routes to the viewer servers in san fransisco can actually handle it. If they can't they're stuck in buffering hell.

jds4578

well, it is kind of funny, i used to stream at 60fps on twitch, and when i actually watched a stream afterwards, the twitch player would freeze randomly, and when i checked the ratings on one, it would show the dropped frames, in the thousands region, even at 2500 bitrate.

Ever since then, i have been streaming at 30fps, at a bitrate of 2500, no more freezing randomly on the twitch player, and it would only show 3 - 5 dropped frames at best. now would that be a twitch player issue, or is my computer actually dropping frames ?

Harold

Do you have dropped frames in the status bar of OBS?
If not, it's the route to the viewer server.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
and when i actually watched a stream afterwards, the twitch player would freeze randomly, and when i checked the ratings on one, it would show the dropped frames, in the thousands region, even at 2500 bitrate.
Watching a VOD isn't the same thing. You could have just paused it and let the buffer fill up.

jds4578

Harold, nope, no dropped frames from OBS's studio's status bar, hardly ever does drop frames.

sapiens, the twitch vod player itself, or even twitch live streaming, does not have the ability to fill up its buffer, pausing it just stops the vod/ live stream. Its only like that on youtube videos, and other video watching plugins.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
Incorrect. While you can't buffer the entire VOD like you used to, you can still buffer 30 seconds worth.

jds4578

i actually did not know that. all i see is a purplish bar, and i pause it, and it just pauses, i dont see anything else happening.

ConsoleTVs

Well i have no problem streaming on other platforms with same settings or better, but its twitch the only one that keeps doing strange things, tried both encoders with no diference. and No, i do not drop any frames acording to OBS.