Question / Help I Can Only Stream While Using Vsync, But I Have a Good PC

Kaluek

Hello, I Have A Good Gaming Pc And When I See Other People That Use A Similar Set Up They Can Stream Very Well.
The problem i have is when im streaming in game im getting 150 fps. But the stream is laggy. But, right when i turn on vsync the stream is smooth. The only problem is that vsync makes the game feel slow and it hurts my performance. So to make it simple, When im not using vsync the stream lags, but right when i turn it on, the stream is smooth. But, vsync makes my performance hurt. So, Why does my stream lag when not using vsync??
Here Are My Specs:
-----------------------------
Upload Speed Is 31.69 Mbps
i5 8400
GTX 1060 6Gb
16 GB Ram
Here Are My OBS Settings
Capture dgfkgf.PNG
Capture erf rf.PNG

When I Use Encoder x264 the problem gets worse...
PLEASE! If someone could help that would be amazing. THANKS!

koala

When im not using vsync the stream lags, but right when i turn it on, the stream is smooth. But, vsync makes my performance hurt. So, Why does my stream lag when not using vsync??
It's happening, because if you allow the game to fully use the GPU by turning vsync off, there is no computing power left on the GPU for OBS. OBS also needs a bit of GPU resource for its compositing, because it uses the GPU to render all sources to the final stream frames. If it doesn't get enough GPU resources, it isn't able to render the stream, and you get dropped frames in the stream while the game itself continues to run.

Kaluek

It's happening, because if you allow the game to fully use the GPU by turning vsync off, there is no computing power left on the GPU for OBS. OBS also needs a bit of GPU resource for its compositing, because it uses the GPU to render all sources to the final stream frames. If it doesn't get enough GPU resources, it isn't able to render the stream, and you get dropped frames in the stream while the game itself continues to run.
How Can I Fix This Then?

koala

By turning vsync on / limiting the fps of the game. You have to opt for the lesser evil. Streaming is a very resource intensive task that stresses your computer very much. You cannot expect that such a thing will be completely hidden without affecting anything.

Kaluek

By turning vsync on / limiting the fps of the game. You have to opt for the lesser evil. Streaming is a very resource intensive task that stresses your computer very much. You cannot expect that such a thing will be completely hidden without affecting anything.
So do i have to stream with vsync?

koala

I think, I wrote that twice already. Even if you don't want to hear it, or don't like it, it's still true. For the third time: yes, turn on vsync in your game to get a smooth stream.

Arric Putra

I think, I wrote that twice already. Even if you don't want to hear it, or don't like it, it's still true. For the third time: yes, turn on vsync in your game to get a smooth stream.
it happen to me when im recording. are there any other way than turning on vsync?