All Versions How to Stream to Facebook Live [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Jack0r submitted a new resource:

How to Stream to Facebook Live - Set up OBS to stream to Facebook Live with a few steps

Currently a pretty new feature, Facebook added Live Streams to Facebook Pages. If you own a page you can from now on start streaming on Facebook. There are a few limitations though:
  • Video Format max 720p (1280 x 720) and 30 fps
  • One keyframe at least once every two seconds throughout the stream
  • Recommended max bit rate is 2500Kbps.
  • Video Length max 90 minutes
The above is taken from the "Facebook...

Read more about this resource...

LawnD4rt

I do not see Publishing Tools anywhere on my Facebook page. Is there a setting somewhere that I am not seeing?

LenND1

I am having issues. First, I am getting feedback when I begin to stream, Secondly, is there a way to create varous screen captures of websites. Basically transitioning from one webpage to another

NewYorkMike

I am having 2 issues #1 I am getting feedback when I began to stream and I turned off speakers then # 2 MY video is black and no sound

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
The feedback is a problem I mentioned in my Video as well. I really hope that facebook adds volume controls to the preview, so it can be muted in the future. Currently OBS will pickup the audio coming from the Facebook Video Preview as long as OBS is recording your default playback device.

@LenND1 question 2: Its probably the easiest to window capture your browser and then simply switch through the Tabs(websites), OBS will keep capturing the window.

@NewYorkMike question 2: You might want to start a thread in the questions and help section as this might be a configuration problem with OBS. The OBS preview is not black I assume? Be sure to attach a log file of a test stream to the post.

ToddB

Nevermind. Of course, once I ask, I try something new, and it seems to work. Thanks!

Last edited:

gfpandolfo

Hello I'm trying to connect on facebook live and when I set up according to the instructions in this manual , is connecting and the following message:
"Failed to connect to the server "
What is the solution for this?

Thank you

Gelson

Collateral

Hello,

I watched your video guide twice thoroughly, but it seems OBS is having an issue connecting to the server. I follow all the steps with my settings below the max (Bit Rate of 1000, FPS 30, Output Scaled to1280x720) but still no connection.

After attempting this 4 tmes with different Stream Keys every time, still no connection can be made. Any suggestions?

Thank You!

ResQ

Hello,
On my mbp when i go to settings > video > I dont have the "base canvas resolution" 1920x1080. I only see 1440x900
Same for the "output scaled resolution", I dont see 1280x720. I see 1152x720.
How can I get the correct resolutions to show please?

awbix

Hello,
On my mbp when i go to settings > video > I dont have the "base canvas resolution" 1920x1080. I only see 1440x900
Same for the "output scaled resolution", I dont see 1280x720. I see 1152x720.
How can I get the correct resolutions to show please?
The Canvas res. takes the resolution of your display that currently is 1440x900 ... change it and get 1280x720 if you want (so you don't need to scale the output video) but you'll see all the icons, text and graphics with a little of pixelation effect.

JMunce

The resolution. Any way to fix this, so Facebook live doesn't have the black bars on top and bottom of the screen?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
How to select the correct Resolution/Aspect Ratio

Black Bars are always caused by an aspect ratio mismatch. Facebook uses 16:9 while ResQ's display for example uses 16:10 if I am not mistaken.
The easiest but definitely NEVER recommended solution would be to stretch your input to meet the desired output aspect ratio. This would negatively affect your image quality and the shown proportions on your stream, so please do not do this.
The better solution is to set OBS to a 16:9 resolution to meet Facebook's requirements. Now in OBS you can fill the black area with a graphic, follower text's, useful information or whatever you want. As a result, your viewers will be able to watch your stream on their 16:9 display without black borders and you do not have to stretch your input and screw its proportions.

So awbix is correct, set your base and output res in OBS to 1280x720 if you want to stream at this resolution. Add your sources to OBS and if you capture your Monitor for example you should see the black borders in OBS. Move your source to the bottom or right for example and fill the black area at the top or left with the mentioned graphics and text's. The Facebook webplayer should then show no black borders for most of your viewers. If you view the stream in fullscreen on a 16:10 or 4:3 display you will of course see black borders though. But generally most of your viewers will view it on a 16:9 display and have no black borders.

Last edited:

Dale Roberts

Hello I'm trying to connect on facebook live and when I set up according to the instructions in this manual , is connecting and the following message:
"Failed to connect to the server "
What is the solution for this?

Thank you

Gelson
I'm having the same issue, so I'll give a banana sticker to whoever can answer this dilemma. It's maddening! @Jack0r do you have any solutions?

adrianmak

I tried to stream my PC game play to facebook live video. SUCCESS!!
However, I watched back later, the video is not a HD 720P, the HD checkbox cannot be selected.

MNix

Anyone run into the issue that you CAN connect to Facebook but when i am on my home wifi i get an "Failed to connect to the server " message.. I can connect to my phone and no problems, can take my laptop to a friends house,Hotel, public wifi etc. etc etc. and connect. I have turned off firewall settings and still the same problem, I am not a very Techy person so i am not sure about setting up PORTS and stuff like that. but I can't seem to figure out why my home wifi is the only place it is not working??????

I'm having the same issue, so I'll give a banana sticker to whoever can answer this dilemma. It's maddening! @Jack0r do you have any solutions?
any luck seems i am having the same problem???

Tried changing color spaces and it worked. Which should do NOTHING to connecting to the server but it does.

Last edited by a moderator:

djgoodlife

Got the same Problem here. When i connect my Macbook with my Wlan (Fritz!box 7390) I cannot connect!
When I take a Hotspot from my Phone it works... So i think its a Problem with the router! Maybe with the Ports? Anyone can help us? Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.