How to setup the Elgato Game Capture HD in OBS

OBS Classic How to setup the Elgato Game Capture HD in OBS

Videophile

Elgato
LtRoyalShrimp submitted a new resource:

How to setup the Elgato Game Capture HD in OBS - Using the Game Capture HD with OBS

Hello, and welcome to this guide in which you will learn how to setup the Game Capture HD in OBS.

This is a very simple guide, and will only show how to setup and stream using the Game Capture HD. If you want to add a webcam, graphics or do more advanced things, this is not the guide for your.

Please make sure you have done this before starting:

Read more about this resource...

stuffa1991

The only thing i have to add is that rather than using a 1.5 second delay on your mic i would use it as a global 1.5 second in advanced, because if you are listening to music or talking to friend on skype you wont have them synced up with your mic or webcam, so if you do a 1.5 second global delay everything is synced up better

SiLeNtCovenant

The only thing i have to add is that rather than using a 1.5 second delay on your mic i would use it as a global 1.5 second in advanced, because if you are listening to music or talking to friend on skype you wont have them synced up with your mic or webcam, so if you do a 1.5 second global delay everything is synced up better
Good point, I haven't even thought of that until you mentioned it. If you add a global delay, wouldn't that just push the mic audio along with the already de-synced elgato audio? Is there a way to delay everything except the Elgato video/audio?

stuffa1991

Yeah that is actually a good point aswell, the thing is i normally dont use the ingame sounds so i dont mind i usually just talk to friends and listen to music

Alex Night

So, I followed the resource above but already I'm experiencing problems. It detects that I have the Elgato software and it's all plugged in. The problem is that it doesn't detect the signal on OBS when I see Elgato in the OBS software which prevents any sound or picture from the game to appear. It works fine when I use the Elgato program itself, but not OBS. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is it something I have to work inside of the Elgato program?

GillyMoMo

Uninstall everything and get the 2.0 version of the software. Things are working much better since they have updated the software.

Videophile

Elgato
So, I followed the resource above but already I'm experiencing problems. It detects that I have the Elgato software and it's all plugged in. The problem is that it doesn't detect the signal on OBS when I see Elgato in the OBS software which prevents any sound or picture from the game to appear. It works fine when I use the Elgato program itself, but not OBS. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is it something I have to work inside of the Elgato program?
Try re-installing the Game Capture software. You can also try the new software, which you can get from here.

-Shrimp