Question / Help How to run obs studio on aws ec2 windows 2012 r2 instance

Sita

Hello,
I am trying to run obs studio on aws ec2 windows 2012 r2 instance. But I am unable to because it says api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll is missing eventhough it comes in the system by default. I also read somewhere that it cannot be started on virtual server. Can someone help me with this.

Thanks in advance

OBS Studio is not tested or supported on Server releases of Windows sorry! I also don't think it will work correctly on a Virtual machine but don't know for definite as I've never tried it.

OBS Studio is not tested or supported on Server releases of Windows sorry! I also don't think it will work correctly on a Virtual machine but don't know for definite as I've never tried it.
OBS runs fine on server versions of Windows (2008 - 2012 R2), the only difference is in server certain things are just disabled.

As for running in a VM, that can be done just make sure you emulate an updated processor and GPU. Given that this is an AWS you may or may not be able to run this. I did run OBS in a VM with hardware passthough so it is possible to do so.

I know from experience if you have a dedicated server 2012 R2 OBS-Studio runs like complete shit for me, with all updates. Now Classic runs fine, but certain things will likely be missing unless the machine is a gaming server with like a 4790k. The audio device will likely not exist, and you'll have to use some form of virtual audio to obtain sound to obs. Video wise if the server doesn't actually have a video adapter it still can produce video in some form or another but not via its own hardware, so Idk about that one.