How To: Record with OBS, add a Webcam, Text & Settings explained [Video]

How To: Record with OBS, add a Webcam, Text & Settings explained [Video]

MrGoogle87

MrGoogle87 submitted a new resource:

How To: Record with OBS, add a Webcam, Text & Settings explained [FULL Tutorial] - OBS Recording and setup guide tutorial

Hello to all OBS users,

The video I wanted to share here is a full video guide about how you can use OBS.
In this video I explain how to use it wiith a (face)camera, adding text in your video, a simple overlay for your portrait and give an overview for the settings I personally use.

People who have watched this video should be able to record anything they like after following the tutorial because I show different types of recording which are:

- Window capture
- Game capture

Read more about this resource...

MrGoogle87

Soon I might be able to add an updated video for 1080p 60fps and if people want a Tutorial about how to use your smartphone as a webcam &OBS Source (wireless)

LJ Wobker

This was incredibly useful as an intro, thanks for putting that together. In the tutorial you mentioned using an iPhone as the video source, but it's not clear to me how/where you set that up? Sorry if it's a silly question as I just started looking into this.

MrGoogle87

This was incredibly useful as an intro, thanks for putting that together. In the tutorial you mentioned using an iPhone as the video source, but it's not clear to me how/where you set that up? Sorry if it's a silly question as I just started looking into this.

Hello there LJ! I will make this tutorial the upcoming week! Thank you for the appreciation, it really is nice to hear back from the (small amount of) people!

Feel free to contact me any time (prefarably at youtube because I check that daily)

With kind regards,

Mr.Google

Last edited:

MrGoogle87

I have made the tutorial a little while ago upon (your) request :)

You can find it here :
How to use your phone as a webcam: