Question / Help How to install 18.0.0 instead of 18.0.1?

RicardoK

I'm not quite sure what's fixed between the 0.1 and 0.0 versions, but unfortunately it seems that 18.0.1 has broken the VST Reaper Realplugs plugins...

I've seen a number of people with the same problem I have. Other VST plugins work, but the ones downloaded from reaper, the correct 64bit versions, don't work. The window for the plugin doesn't open and the error log just says that it's the wrong architecture.

As I understand it, 18.0.0 did not have this issue. I'm running 18.0.1 on windows 10.

thanks
Ricardo

Last edited:

c3r1c3

The Reaper plug-ins work here on 18.0.1 with no issue. You didn't post a log, so that limits what I can do to help you. That said...

As to the error you mentioned in the log, that means you're trying to use a 64-bit plug-in in 32-bit OBS or a 32-bit plug-in in a 64-bit OBS. So fix your plug-ins to match the bittage of OBS you're running.

Last edited:

RicardoK

Sorry for not posting a log. I was going to do that but decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I definitely am running 64 bit OS and 64 bit plug in

Then I noticed a couple other strange behaviors after reinstalling

I have it all working now without changing anything. So here is what seemed to make it work. I was running OBS from an icon pinned to the task bar. If I ran it from there, the reaper plug-ins wouldn't work but if I ran from the desktop shortcut it works.