Question / Help How can I record audio only?

Joemamma1080

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but I want to record audio only. I've tried Audacity and things like that but nothing is giving results. Is there any way I can change the format to either WMA or MP3? Is there also any encoding setting I'll have to change too?

Thanks!

jdm12983

Do you mean: use OBS and record audio only? If so I'm pretty sure that isn't possible because the two file formats you can choose when recording with OBS are both video formats (.FLV and .MP4).

Now you might be able to do a Google search for programs that can be used to record just audio on your computer.

Joemamma1080

Do you mean: use OBS and record audio only? If so I'm pretty sure that isn't possible because the two file formats you can choose when recording with OBS are both video formats (.FLV and .MP4).

Now you might be able to do a Google search for programs that can be used to record just audio on your computer.

I've tried doing that with Audacity, but that didn't work. That's more of a Audacity or general PC issue than OBS so I'll keep searching. Lol

alpinlol

You can record "audio only" if you dont chose any capture source but the file format will still be mp4 or flv theres no true option to record audio only if im not completly wrong

LotchMC

If you record audio and video, you can go online to onlinevideoconverter.com and you can upload a file and then convert it to mp3.