Question / Help High percentage of dropped frames!

MrFurball

These last few weeks, I had problems with dropped frames in every kind of game, but in this last one things kind of went back to normal. Before, it was smooth, but as I said, problems happened. It skipped a few frames and sometimes the live on Youtube was disconnected, but then stopped. I livestreamed Resident Evil 7 for 4 hours with minor issues yesterday, but today I tried to stream Limbo and everything went really south. It didnt skip frames, but dropped a lot. I stream by wired connection. Checked tcp port 1935, restarted the modem. This happened on both OBS and Streamlabs. After I gave up on the stream, it got a little better when I tested: 4% of the frames dropped, but in some other tries, it would go immidiately to 50% dropped after starting.I have 6mbps upload. Use 4500/4000 cbr. I thought the problem was the 1080p, but even in 720p I had it at same levels. Besides, I streamed some games in the past in 1080p so it wasn't supposed to happen. And please, don't say that I'm not supposed to stream at those kbps because of my upload since I had this settings for a very long time without these recent issues. I'm trying to understand whats causing these sudden changes.
Well, I normally don't ask for help but I can't find any motive for this to be happening and I apreciate any help you guys can provide.
Thank you.

https://obsproject.com/logs/V1wy_Zbyjob6ASDH - I just got this log. Its getting worse again, close to 30% dropped frames

Last edited:

MrFurball

It seems I fixed it. I changed from Youtube's primary and backups servers and set the custom. Twitch default servers didnt do it either.