Question / Help High cpu usage while streaming

Miixies

Hi. let me tell you my hardwear before we get into the problem. I run a 8700k overclocked to 4.9 (stable) with a 1060 6gb and 16 Gb of 2333 ddr4 (No ssd yet). I have Decent internet about 50 Download 30 Upload. Alright so my problem is just simply my cpu usage is up in the 30%s i have been streaming for two months and this problem just started. Whenever i launch a game it slowly rises to 10% Then once i get in game (overwatch mainly) It starts to very quickly rise to 30%. I have tried reinstalling. using lower bitrate, higher bitrate and making my cpu preset higher (Faster, Fast) Nothing has seemed to fix it. I dont play on capped fps though i have tried it and it does nothing. The log i provided should be a 2 hour stream.

Attachments

• 2018-09-27 14-47-21.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 47

carlmmii

There's no recording/streaming attempt in that log, but...

14:47:21.458: ================================
14:47:21.458: Warning: OBS is already running!
14:47:21.458: ================================
14:47:21.458: User is now running multiple instances of OBS!

Kill the zombie instance.

koala

The log shows a perfectly fine stream. With 50 seconds a bit short for diagnosis, but no lost frames, no other problems.

What do you complain about, what is wrong for you? Describe what you expect to be different.

Higher CPU usage while streaming isn't an issue. OBS needs CPU power for capturing and encoding the video. This is a very resource intensive task. You used x264 with medium preset, which uses up an enormous amount of cpu resources. If you want OBS to use the smallest possible amount of CPU resources, use nvenc as encoder instead of x264.