Question / Help Help: Issues setting up webcam/microphone delay with ElGato.

chewychips

The situation:
I've been streaming PC games for awhile now, but recently decided to stream my console gaming, so I picked up the El Gato Game Capture HD. With ElGato, there is a slight video/audio delay, so I have been trying to adjust my OBS settings, accordingly, to match the ElGato delay.

Issue #1 - Microphone Audio: ***FIXED, thanks to Jim!
In order to delay my microphone audio to match the ElGato delay, I went to my Settings»Audio and change my "Mic Time Offset (milliseconds)" to 1500ms, which works perfectly fine. However, when begin streaming, you can hear my microphone audio twice (once at 0ms, and a second time at 1500ms). I tried checking all of my source settings to see if I had another audio setting turned on through a Video Capture Device, but no such settings were enabled. Finally, I tried muting my microphone setting on OBS completely to see if it was an OBS setting or a computer setting. Despite disabling my microphone completely on OBS, you could still hear my voice 100% clear on my stream.

Issue #2 - Webcam Buffer:
In order to delay my webcam video to match the ElGato delay, I selected my "Video Capture Device" source, right-clicked, and I went to "Properties". I changed "Use Buffering (milliseconds)" to 1500ms and pressed "OK". However, when I preview/start stream, the delay is very inconsistent: A) Sometimes, the delay match up with ElGato perfectly at first, but will quickly speed up and catch up with real-time after only a few seconds. B) At other times, the delay will be merely non-existent and appears real-time (or close to real-time) as soon as I start/preview stream.

Has anybody else had these issues? If so, how did you fix them?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: Help: Issues setting up webcam/microphone delay with ElG

Could you give me a log file of that? I can probably guess what's going on. Also, turn off "use input device for desktop audio" in advanced if it's on.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

Ah that's what I thought, that option in advanced that I mentioned must have been on, if so, turn it off. That was probably what caused that particular audio issue.

chewychips

Thanks, Jim! That fixed the audio issue.

Any ideas what could be causing the webcam issue?