Question / Help Having OBS constantly loosing FPS while streaming

tjknuts

I have had an issue with OBS Studio constantly loosing FPS. I am not dropping Frames as I am loosing FPS in OBS

My PC specs : i7-3770k
GTX 770
16gbs DDR3
windows 10 w/ newest version of OBS Studio
and here are several log files

Attachments

• OBSStudio showing LOW FPS while previewing a game.PNG
    OBSStudio showing LOW FPS while previewing a game.PNG
    311 KB · Views: 35

tjknuts

I think my Log File didn't show up so here is one

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 18-56-00.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2017-04-27 00-11-57.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 8

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Why did you enable multi-adapter compatibility? Can you turn that off and see if it helps?

tjknuts

I did just try that and even while in preview mode it still seems to happen, I for some reason am unable to hold a solid 30fps. The weirdest part is it just started out of the blue. I changed no settings and just noticed while streaming that the stream was stuttering and then the OBS preview window was all over the place as far as fps goes.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Disable multi-adapter compatibility (should not change settings you don't understand as a general rule), and get a clean log file if there are still issues.

tjknuts

So I recently updated my GPU and for most part seems to have fixed the issues I was having tho I do sometimes notice the FPS in OBS software preview still drop below the 30 fps which I have it set to. Here are the newest log file but this is just from a recording not a stream. the FPS drop only happened a few times during the recording. I am hoping to upgrade my MOBO,CPU,RAM,and PSU soon also and use the old pc parts as a stream pc. Thanks for you help

Attachments

• 2017-05-10 09-56-59.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 6

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Please create a new Scene Collection for testing purposes. Use the Scene Collection menu at the top of OBS, select New, and call it "Testing". Then, add only the game capture source and run a test.

tjknuts

I did as you asked and made the Testing Scene with Game Capture only and here is the log file. I was only Recording with the same settings as if I was streaming

Attachments

• 2017-05-10 09-56-59.txt
    28.5 KB · Views: 9

Fenrir

Forum Admin
From what it looks like here, you're overloading your GPU. Make sure you're capping FPS at something reasonable that your PC can maintain smoothly.

tjknuts

I recently installed a 1070 do you think I would be okay running a 720p 30fps 3500 bitrate H.264 encoding or should I still lower ? weird that up until a few weeks ago never had issues even when I was playing the same games I streamed fine now seem to cause that FPS lag. Seems to be happening even with the new gpu. Which is exactly what I thought the issue was so purchased a new 1070. When compared to my 770 i had is a night and day difference that I have noticed in performance. Even with the new GPU still seem to have issues. Oh well will figure it out I am sure trial and error as with most things

IMI4tth3w

oh great this is exactly what i'm worried about. my wife is having the exact same issues with her 780ti. having to lower game settings to super low in order to make sure GPU usage stays below 90%. When GPU usage goes over 90%, obs frame rate starts to tank. We've got a 1080ti on the way.

I still don't understand this response of "overloading your GPU". I feel like this is bullshit. My pc (980ti + 4790k) can stream GTA V at 900p 60fps 6k bitrate with my gpu usage pegged at 99% an my obs frame rate is locked at 60fps.

There's something else going on here. There are multiple people here with this issue where they never had this issue in the past and now its rearing its head. I'm not saying its OBS that is causing it. Could be windows, could be nvidia, idk. But it's quite frustrating.

T-Lock

oh great this is exactly what i'm worried about. my wife is having the exact same issues with her 780ti. having to lower game settings to super low in order to make sure GPU usage stays below 90%. When GPU usage goes over 90%, obs frame rate starts to tank. We've got a 1080ti on the way.

I still don't understand this response of "overloading your GPU". I feel like this is bullshit. My pc (980ti + 4790k) can stream GTA V at 900p 60fps 6k bitrate with my gpu usage pegged at 99% an my obs frame rate is locked at 60fps.

There's something else going on here. There are multiple people here with this issue where they never had this issue in the past and now its rearing its head. I'm not saying its OBS that is causing it. Could be windows, could be nvidia, idk. But it's quite frustrating.

Same problem here mate ...
Was working fine 2 days ago and now it's like i'm working with a 25 years old PC ...
Always in Encodage Overload when game is launched ...
I tried all the settings i could but it still doesn't work.

I'm having o I7 4790K + GTX 780 + Windows 7