Question / Help Having a hard time getting stream from Mac setup

darnovo

obviously everything is geared towards windows for streaming and I have set up streams before with XSplit etc... but I wanted to really give streaming from a Mac a go (I would really like Mac gaming support to grow). I can't even seem to figure out how to plug my iTunes audio into the stream as if I do an input or output audio device I don't get any options except my Mic for input.

Does anybody have a basic starter kit to get everything set up on a mac or is windows my only hope :\ lol

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
That's up to you. Using WavTap or Soundflower has been the standard workaround for pretty much all similar software for Mac for a while, so it's not an unusual one.

CaptainAverage

Soundflower is a great app - although I've heard that some people have had some problems getting it to work without issues in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

I use a combination of Audio Hijack and Sound Siphon. Audio hijack lets you capture sound from specific apps and mix/combine them and send them to virtual audio outputs (which is where Sound Siphon comes in).

Audio Hijack is a really nice bit of software, especially if you're trying to mix in iTunes/Spotify, a mic and Skype. It also allows you to apply Audio Units to any of the audio streams that you're dealing with. If you're using an Elgato Game Capture, which has a delay of ~1500ms, a particularly useful audio unit is Voxengo's Sound Delay AU (free) as that allows you to delay your chosen audio streams by a specific amount - this means that you can easily get all your audio (e.g. Skype / mic voiceover) synced with what you're broadcasting.

RaverX3X

Soundflower is a great app - although I've heard that some people have had some problems getting it to work without issues in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

I use a combination of Audio Hijack and Sound Siphon. Audio hijack lets you capture sound from specific apps and mix/combine them and send them to virtual audio outputs (which is where Sound Siphon comes in).

Audio Hijack is a really nice bit of software, especially if you're trying to mix in iTunes/Spotify, a mic and Skype. It also allows you to apply Audio Units to any of the audio streams that you're dealing with. If you're using an Elgato Game Capture, which has a delay of ~1500ms, a particularly useful audio unit is Voxengo's Sound Delay AU (free) as that allows you to delay your chosen audio streams by a specific amount - this means that you can easily get all your audio (e.g. Skype / mic voiceover) synced with what you're broadcasting.

This is a really solid setup..