Question / Help Gameplay is pixelated in OBS and in preview

Aertew

When I try recording the game For Honor, randomly the gameplay turns pixely/blocky, and I dont know how to fix it, it didnt get fixed when I edited then exported the video, and I dont know if I can fix it, if I can that would be great.

Specs:

16GB DDR4 RAM

Rx480 GPU, when I looked at the graphics it was only using like half of my GPU

CPU: Ryzen 7 17k

The game looked fine on my moniter and it didnt seem laggy, so I dont know why it does that

Harold

It's most likely pixelated in the preview because you're not playing the game at 1920x1080 and the upscaling is causing the pixelation.

The recording is pixelated because of the excessively low bitrate.

Aertew

Im not super good with OBS but isnt bitrate for streaming only? I would actually like to know how it affects recording, also I would to say my other games look fine, its just the specific game For Honor, though I will try what you said, also the game is 1920x1080, its borderless window though since I have a 2nd moniter, that might affect it? Btw I noticed I have two other encoders, I have the H264/AVC Encoder, which is apparently from AMD Advanced media frame works, and also H265 HEVC encoder, are these two any good?

Aertew

It's most likely pixelated in the preview because you're not playing the game at 1920x1080 and the upscaling is causing the pixelation.

The recording is pixelated because of the excessively low bitrate.
Its not just the preview but when I edited and exported the video it kept the pixelated parts, if I what I did doesn't fix it I could upload a unlisted clip opn youtube and send you the link to what it looks like.