GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

XeiZ

Workaround right now is to have the properties dialog open the whole time, then it stays connected.
The interact window might also work, havnt tested that yet.

Lollo

i have the same problem, OBS 18.0.1 in broser window link https://gamepadviewer.com/?p=1 works all fine but in obs source i get red controller disconnected. help pls

thx

edit1: the solution for me is, in properties click "refresh cache of current page" many times, when the controller pop`s in then DONT click ok, click on cancel. that´s it for me. works all fine.

regards

Last edited:

KennysHat

i have the same problem, OBS 18.0.1 in broser window link https://gamepadviewer.com/?p=1 works all fine but in obs source i get red controller disconnected. help pls

thx

edit1: the solution for me is, in properties click "refresh cache of current page" many times, when the controller pop`s in then DONT click ok, click on cancel. that´s it for me. works all fine.

regards

i had the same issue. what i've noticed is that if you hold a button and refresh the cache, the image pops up, i guess because the input is going in? however on clicking ok, even though the source seems to work fine, it disappears.

window capture works fine, but the browser source would be great if it worked.

I'm using a PS4 controller, no special software, just plug n play basically

Gunslito

Just came here to show you how to make this thing work on OBS Studio with BrowserSource. (It works for me at least)
My problem was this:

When I opened the web on Chrome the controller was detected, but when I tried to use it with BrowserSource on OBS the controller showed "Disconnected"

To solve this I run into this workaround:

I just scroll down on the properties of the BrowserSource and hit "Refresh cache of current page" then press a button on your joystic so the controller will display as usual, and here is the thing, if you press "OK" it'll be disconnected again, you just need press "Refresh..." press a button and then close that windows, and there you go!

I'm so sorry for my bad english, I hope that you can understand everything I just said!

onReload

I think this is a super cool project and I'm excited about it, but I have a few issues that prevent me from getting it to work.

• I'm using a SmartJoy PLUS Adapter, which is detected in html5gamepad.com. However, the buttons are always wrong, so for most games, I remap them.
  • When I follow this link: https://gamepadviewer.com/?p=1 in Chrome, my inputs are recognized, which is great, but I can't customize the buttons or the controller skin.
  • However, if I go to gamepadviewer.com, it won't detect the controller. I unplugged/replugged and it didn't help.
  • It works in Firefox BUT if I try to add too many button mappings in Firefox (not a lot, just enough to cover each button on mine), it starts to lag like crazy and eventually freezes up entirely.
Anyone know how to help me? Thanks so much.

mrmcpowned

I think this is a super cool project and I'm excited about it, but I have a few issues that prevent me from getting it to work.

• I'm using a SmartJoy PLUS Adapter, which is detected in html5gamepad.com. However, the buttons are always wrong, so for most games, I remap them.
  • When I follow this link: https://gamepadviewer.com/?p=1 in Chrome, my inputs are recognized, which is great, but I can't customize the buttons or the controller skin.
  • However, if I go to gamepadviewer.com, it won't detect the controller. I unplugged/replugged and it didn't help.
  • It works in Firefox BUT if I try to add too many button mappings in Firefox (not a lot, just enough to cover each button on mine), it starts to lag like crazy and eventually freezes up entirely.
Anyone know how to help me? Thanks so much.

The fact that the gamepad is active in chrome under compact mode but not at the main site is odd. Have you tried visiting the page again recently and performing a hard refresh (Ctrl + Shift + R)?

Dalulu

Hi... I'm a Rookie Recorder looking to break into Youtube, I don't do any Streaming and I have played a game online for 3 years now, I just I want to record, edit, and then upload... So long story short... How do I use this thing offline ?

mantazzo

Hi... I'm a Rookie Recorder looking to break into Youtube, I don't do any Streaming and I have played a game online for 3 years now, I just I want to record, edit, and then upload... So long story short... How do I use this thing offline ?
If you still need it, you just need to add a Browser Source in the Scene. You'll need Internet anyway.
  • Go to https://gamepadviewer.com/#generate
  • Adjust the settings you want there (gamepad skin or player number and, if needed, other values, but you'll probably only need first 2 ones) and copy the generated link
  • Now in OBS select a scene you want to see the overlay in and add a new BrowserSource (name it Gamepad or whatever you like)
  • Paste the link in the new opened window and press OK
  • You should see a new window pop up in your scene (either disconnected or gamepad already displaying), adjust the size of it to your liking
  • If you can't see the gamepad even after connecting, it's a known glitch: Just open the properties of the Gamepad Source (right click on it and just select properties), in the Properties window find a button called "Refresh cache of current page" (should be at the very bottom of the screen after scrolling) and press it (keep in mind you have to have gamepad connected). If everything works well it should start showing your gamepad and all the movements on the Properties screen, BUT DON'T PRESS OK, PRESS CANCEL. OK just refreshes again and Source still doesn't work correctly. If done corrrectly - you should now see your gamepad source working as intended.
Hopefully this helped a bit :)

Morgz

I have a problem gamepad doesnt recongnize my controller its a wired ds4 . do i need a special softwaare?

I figured out how to use this with showing the controls over two different computers. The scenario is that a person has a dedicated PC for streaming or recording and a dedicated gaming PC. I used Google Chrome on the gaming PC with Gamepad viewer and installed WebRTC extension for sharing my browser page or application. You can select to use the WebRTC codec; H.264 and SD video works the best for me. This will generate a web link so that it can be used in the OBS BrowerSource on the dedicated streaming or recording PC. Copy that link into the BrowserSource properties and the Gamepad Viewer page you shared will connect and show.

Now you can add the Chroma filter or resize, crop, or whatever you need. The only difference is that you must not minimize the shared browser or the BrowserSource will turn black.

Note: I also installed WebRTC on Firefox and Opera. Opera seems to have the better and more synchronized display while playing, but this may differ based on your network setup and hardware or operating system.

If you don't mind me placing a link to a YouTube Gaming stream that I did demonstrating the results. I'm not doing this to capture views or things of that nature. This is my demonstration to start. https://youtu.be/S7eugMnE5p8?t=3219

I figured out how to use this with showing the controls over two different computers. The scenario is that a person has a dedicated PC for streaming or recording and a dedicated gaming PC. I used Google Chrome on the gaming PC with Gamepad viewer and installed WebRTC extension for sharing my browser page or application. You can select to use the WebRTC codec; H.264 and SD video works the best for me. This will generate a web link so that it can be used in the OBS BrowerSource on the dedicated streaming or recording PC. Copy that link into the BrowserSource properties and the Gamepad Viewer page you shared will connect and show.

Now you can add the Chroma filter or resize, crop, or whatever you need. The only difference is that you must not minimize the shared browser or the BrowserSource will turn black.

Note: I also installed WebRTC on Firefox and Opera. Opera seems to have the better and more synchronized display while playing, but this may differ based on your network setup and hardware or operating system.

If you don't mind me placing a link to a YouTube Gaming stream that I did demonstrating the results. I'm not doing this to capture views or things of that nature. This is my demonstration to start. https://youtu.be/S7eugMnE5p8?t=3219

Just to update, instead of using a web page to show gamepadviewer on two web pages, I installed OBS on the gaming PC and OBS on the streaming PC. After I created the custom url from the main site, on the gaming PC I added a Browser, pasted the custom url, and used the Window Preview of the scene. Finally, I minimized OBS leaving only the window preview up. All of the rest is using WebRTC Desktop Sharing plugin and just to copy the shared link to the streaming PC Browser and it connects (peer to peer internal network only). Anytime I need to use the gamepadviewer, I just need to open OBS on the gaming PC since it has the custom url.

GlitchMasta47

It works perfectly for me. I don't understand why all of you are having issues.
  • OBS Version 21.0.1
  • Website loaded in a BrowserSource (prop window not open)
  • DualShock 4 (PS4 controller) plugged in via USB
  • Windows 10
Everything is working perfect. I don't understand any of the issues here. There is a very small latency of about a quarter of a second, but that might just be the lag in the preview.

10/10

To add on to this, when the browser source first opens, it never says Disconnected if the controller is plugged in.
It usually does for me, but I just press a button and it appears. Either way, you are right. I just tried to figure out how to use it over a dual PC setup. Now I'm trying to figure out the impossible; to use it with a console

Harold

You may need to update the name so that it's not referencing deprecated versions of the browser plugin.

Janoria

I have just registered on these forums, Just as of minutes ago from this typing to tell you, the dev, that you have done an amazing job. I am using it in my streams every day!

Nedstarkbr

Hello, I'm going through a problem and I do not know how to solve it.
A, B, X are invested with each other by priming them. but at stake they're just right in the viewer who keeps it wrong. how can I solve?

I3ordo

Will there be "direct input" support for native DS4 input display? you know the Rstick axis behave weird.

codemann8

I'm attempting to run this with an actual SNES console with an SD2SNES cartridge that has a cord connected to the PC. Presumably, the controller inputs should be recognized thru a virtualized COM port. Is there any way for GamePadViewer to accept COM as a viable source of input?