GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

mrmcpowned

This used to work fine but it doesn't seem to detect my controller (PS3 on USB detected as a wireless XBox 360 receiver through DS3Tools) but my games work just fine. I also tried that http://html5gamepad.com that M1K3_Alt3r mentioned but no response there either.

Any idea what may be wrong?
I imagine you're using CLR browser. It doesn't show anything at all when you visit http://html5gamepad.com/? Also, do you have the latest version of CLR as listed on https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/clr-browser-source-plugin.22/?

I'm also curious about what URL you're using to access the viewer as well. I recently changed the address and had all the old URL forward to the new one but sometimes there might be some issues. I doubt that's what's causing it, but who knows. In terms of what may have actually gone wrong, I'm not very sure. CLR in its own right is ages old in terms of software updates, and OBS Studio now ships with an up-to-date browser plugin being managed by the project itself. I'd suggest at least trying out studio and seeing if the viewer works there to sort out any CLR specific issues. I imagine the site also works fine when you access it regularly via Chrome as well?

Curious if any work is being made towards a Steam Controller skin. Been looking around and can't find anything that will run it on a stream. Just got my Steam Controller and have been playing it in pretty abstract ways (Like Star Wars: The Old Republic) and would love to show button presses.

Also curious if it is even possible, I know in a lot of ways it acts like a keyboard and mouse, not a gamepad. Would love to see it if possible though.

Last edited:

mrmcpowned

Curious if any work is being made towards a Steam Controller skin. Been looking around and can't find anything that will run it on a stream. Just got my Steam Controller and have been playing it in pretty abstract ways (Like Star Wars: The Old Republic) and would love to show button presses.

Also curious if it is even possible, I know in a lot of ways it acts like a keyboard and mouse, not a gamepad. Would love to see it if possible though.

I'm not going to make a Steam Controller skin because there's no actual way to get the input from a steam controller. Windows doesn't recognize the Steam Controller as a gamepad, thus I can't get any data from it at all. As far as Windows is concerned, the Steam Controller is just a mouse and keyboard. So, unless Valve decides to write a proper gameapd driver for it (which I highly doubt they'll ever do), I can't do anything with it.

Last edited:

Yungbossawott

This is awesome! I love how many skins there are and the skins that are there are amazing, but is there a way to make a gamecube controller skin?

mrmcpowned

This is awesome! I love how many skins there are and the skins that are there are amazing, but is there a way to make a gamecube controller skin?
Currently working on one, but I also need to look into fixing some of the issues that occur with the mayflash adapter. If you have one to work with, some of the data I need is as follows:

• Current setup of what button corresponds to what button number
  • Current setup of what button/stick/trigger responds to what axis number
  • The minimum and maximum values of those axes

RibShark

Currently working on one, but I also need to look into fixing some of the issues that occur with the mayflash adapter. If you have one to work with, some of the data I need is as follows:

• Current setup of what button corresponds to what button number
  • Current setup of what button/stick/trigger responds to what axis number
  • The minimum and maximum values of those axes
Hopefully I can help. Unfortunately for whatever reason the Mayflash adapter does not get recognised by Google Chrome or OBS, but the input mappings when set to PC mode in DirectInput are (counting from button 1 being lowest):
  • A: 2
  • B: 3
  • X: 1
  • Y: 4
  • L: Button 5, Axis Rx
  • R: Button 6, Axis Ry
  • Z: Button 8
  • Start: Button 10
  • Left Stick: X (horizontal)/Y(vertical) Axis
  • C-Stick: Z (vertical)/Rz (horizontal) Axis
  • D-pad: Hat 0, or
  • D-pad up: 13
  • D-pad right: 14
  • D-pad down: 15
  • D-pad left: 16
The default calibration for the axes are bad (sticks do not reach nearly far enough, resting point of triggers is above 0), so I use DXTweak2 to get them to actually behave properly. Without calibration, the triggers have a minimum point of around ~8704, and a maximum point of ~62414. The X-axis has a centre of 32768, a minimum of ~7936 and a maximum of ~58774. The Y-axis has a centre of ~33028, a minimum of ~7168 and a maximum of ~59554. The Z axis has a centre of ~32767, a minimum of ~9728 and a maximum of ~57473. The Rz axis has a centre of ~33028, a minimum of ~9216 and a maximum of ~57733. These values were obtained using DXTweak2 so it might differ from what Chrome would say if I managed to get it to work there.

mrmcpowned

Hopefully I can help. Unfortunately for whatever reason the Mayflash adapter does not get recognised by Google Chrome or OBS, but the input mappings when set to PC mode in DirectInput are (counting from button 1 being lowest):
  • A: 2
  • B: 3
  • X: 1
  • Y: 4
  • L: Button 5, Axis Rx
  • R: Button 6, Axis Ry
  • Z: Button 8
  • Start: Button 10
  • Left Stick: X (horizontal)/Y(vertical) Axis
  • C-Stick: Z (vertical)/Rz (horizontal) Axis
  • D-pad: Hat 0, or
  • D-pad up: 13
  • D-pad right: 14
  • D-pad down: 15
  • D-pad left: 16
The default calibration for the axes are bad (sticks do not reach nearly far enough, resting point of triggers is above 0), so I use DXTweak2 to get them to actually behave properly. Without calibration, the triggers have a minimum point of around ~8704, and a maximum point of ~62414. The X-axis has a centre of 32768, a minimum of ~7936 and a maximum of ~58774. The Y-axis has a centre of ~33028, a minimum of ~7168 and a maximum of ~59554. The Z axis has a centre of ~32767, a minimum of ~9728 and a maximum of ~57473. The Rz axis has a centre of ~33028, a minimum of ~9216 and a maximum of ~57733. These values were obtained using DXTweak2 so it might differ from what Chrome would say if I managed to get it to work there.
Hmm, you can't seem to get any data on the axes via Chrome from http://html5gamepad.com? Preferably before modification.

mrmcpowned

mrmcpowned updated Gamepad Display with a new update entry:

The GameCube Update

Version 0.7.0 - August 17, 2016
  • Patreon: Yup, this thing's on Patreon. If you know someone who'd be willing to support, feel free to point 'em in the right direction.
  • New Skin: The long-awaited and much-requested GameCube skin is finally out! Sorry I kinda took too long with this one, it's just that I wanted to get some stuff together and ship this with some other things that needed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

mrmcpowned

Is it possible to use with OBS Studio? I coudn't find how to setup it on the new obs version.
Using this with OBS Studio isn't too different. Once you've finished generating your URL, in Studio Right Click in the scene area > click "Browser Source" > create a new browser source > paste URL into the URL area and adjust the window size to however you see best.

tonnic

The website works for me, but when I take focus off of it, it doesn't show the buttons being pushed... same thing in OBS when I use CLR Browser.. the gamepad shows up, but none of the buttons or thumbstick movements show up.

Godmode_Off

Somehow the latest OBS Studio Update (17.0.2) broke the Browser Source display for GamePadViewer (at least for me). Previous version worked fine with my XBOX360 pad.

Using the following link: https://gamepadviewer.com/?p=1&s=1&smeter=1&sc=.5

It works flawlessly in my browser (FF50), however it fails to recognize the controller when being displayed through Browsersource. It just always says 'disconnected', no matter what button I press.

Any advice?

mrmcpowned

Somehow the latest OBS Studio Update (17.0.2) broke the Browser Source display for GamePadViewer (at least for me). Previous version worked fine with my XBOX360 pad.

Using the following link: https://gamepadviewer.com/?p=1&s=1&smeter=1&sc=.5

It works flawlessly in my browser (FF50), however it fails to recognize the controller when being displayed through Browsersource. It just always says 'disconnected', no matter what button I press.

Any advice?
Yeah, the latest update for some reason has something screwey going on with the browser source and I haven't had time to properly debug. School tends to drain time from personal projects. What I have heard people are doing is clearing the browser source cache in the properties window and the clicking "cancel". Not sure why it works, but apparently it does.

LunaGore

I'm using the latest OB Studio version (currently: 17.0.2 64-bit) and the CRL/Browser Source is showing as disconnected even when it works fine in the browser.

I'm also having issues with the Chroma/Color Key, it fades out the entire controller instead of just the background.

Austin Williams

I'm using OBS studio version 18.0.1 and i can get the controller working in the browser but its shows disconnected when i add the URL to the browser plugin anyone have this issues or fixeS?