GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

mrmcpowned

Is there a way you can make this as a plugin for OBS rather than using the website? I looked into using this, but as soon as I saw that I had to use window capture from the browser I was turned off.

I've actually been trying to look for such an alternative, but last I tried was with CLR Browser (since it runs Chromium Embedded Framework) to see if it would work, it only partially did. Interestingly enough, it recognised a controller was plugged in, but wouldn't pick up any of the input. I'm sure there's a possibility of recreating this using the Xinput API, but my knowledge of that and application coding isn't all that well.

Edit: OH SWEET! It works in CLR Browser now. Guess I'm off to make some changes :D

Last edited:

ball2hi

I've actually been trying to look for such an alternative, but last I tried was with CLR Browser (since it runs Chromium Embedded Framework) to see if it would work, it only partially did. Interestingly enough, it recognised a controller was plugged in, but wouldn't pick up any of the input. I'm sure there's a possibility of recreating this using the Xinput API, but my knowledge of that and application coding isn't all that well.

Edit: OH SWEET! It works in CLR Browser now. Guess I'm off to make some changes :D
Awwww yeeeeah.

mrmcpowned

mrmcpowned updated Gamepad Display with a new update entry:

The Standalone Update

Alas, finally I've been able to somewhat make this tool into a pseudo-plugin by allowing people to use Faruton's CLR Browser Source plugin to have the Gamepad Display show up natively as an OBS source via custom URL

Code:
http://mrmcpowned.com/gamepad/?p=[Player Number]&s=[Style Number]
Player number can be 1-4 and a player must be specified for this to work.
Style numbers are as follows:
1 = Xbox 360 Controller...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ball2hi

This is fucking awesome. Now if only you could include a slightly darker skin for the standalone xbox-360.

EDIT: Also, is there a way you can amke it so that the button presses are more obvious? IE. Pressing a button causes it to glow or turn a really dark shade.

Last edited:

mrmcpowned

This is fucking awesome. Now if only you could include a slightly darker skin for the standalone xbox-360.

EDIT: Also, is there a way you can amke it so that the button presses are more obvious? IE. Pressing a button causes it to glow or turn a really dark shade.
Glad you like it :D

As for the 360 skin, I have to redo that one so it's a lot more contrasting with the buttons and whatnot. In the meantime, you can use this CSS code within Browser Source:

HTML:
.xbox .pressed{
-webkit-filter: invert(1);
}
.bumper.pressed{
-webkit-filter: invert(0);
}
.xbox .stick.pressed{
-webkit-filter: invert(75%);
}
.xbox .button.pressed{
opacity: 1 !important;
}

ball2hi

Glad you like it :D

As for the 360 skin, I have to redo that one so it's a lot more contrasting with the buttons and whatnot. In the meantime, you can use this CSS code within Browser Source:

HTML:
.xbox .pressed{
-webkit-filter: invert(1);
}
.bumper.pressed{
-webkit-filter: invert(0);
}
.xbox .stick.pressed{
-webkit-filter: invert(75%);
}
.xbox .button.pressed{
opacity: 1 !important;
}
Awesome.

Miltrivd

Sorry if I derail a bit from the awesome project mrmcpowned has here. Does anyone know of something similar to this (be it web based or standalone) that works for DINPUT controllers?

I tried this and works perfectly with my Dualshock 4 controller (using a XINPUT wrapper) but my favorite gamepad is the Dualshock 2 (DINPUT) that I use on modern games with x360ce and obviously doesn't show up with mrmcpowned's implementation.

mrmcpowned

Sorry if I derail a bit from the awesome project mrmcpowned has here. Does anyone know of something similar to this (be it web based or standalone) that works for DINPUT controllers?

I tried this and works perfectly with my Dualshock 4 controller (using a XINPUT wrapper) but my favorite gamepad is the Dualshock 2 (DINPUT) that I use on modern games with x360ce and obviously doesn't show up with mrmcpowned's implementation.
I'm surprised Chrome was unable to find your Dualshock 2 controller. I remember reading somewhere that the Gamepad API can pickup Dualshock 2s but I'm unsure if it was in a newer version of Chrome. Considering the CEF in CLR Browser Source is mildly outdated and with the Gamepad API being as experimental as it is, I don't think i find myself all too surprised anymore.
Shame I don't have an adapter to test my own Dualshock 2, although it is an aftermarket controller.

iotku

NintendoSpy can work with DirectInput controllers (for instance my n64 controller adapter), however you'll probably want to make a skin which might be a bit of work.

dropsonby

This is awesome!

Any chance of a SNES skin? Or perhaps some more minimalist, abstract skins (Just showing d-pad and ABXY, for example)?

Thanks so much for your work on this. Doing it with just html/js is a very elegant approach.

------
Edit: Something like this maybe? Forgive my poor attempt at vectoring... http://puu.sh/9wJVW/aaf3058598.svg

Last edited:

mrmcpowned

This is awesome!

Any chance of a SNES skin? Or perhaps some more minimalist, abstract skins (Just showing d-pad and ABXY, for example)?

Thanks so much for your work on this. Doing it with just html/js is a very elegant approach.

------
Edit: Something like this maybe? Forgive my poor attempt at vectoring... http://puu.sh/9wJVW/aaf3058598.svg

Yeah, I'll be making an SNES and abstract skins as well. I currently haven't been working much on them due to the fact that my secondary monitor is dead and I need to replace some caps. That's also a pretty nice mockup you've made :)

I was trying to help a friend out setting this up but for some reason the site never detects my Xbox 360 controller. I am able to use it in games but nothing on the site. Did i do something wrong?

mrmcpowned

That's rather odd. I tried with my own controller and it did in fact work, for both sites. Actually, do you happen to have a headset that the computer recognises as a controller? Something like the Razer Kraken for example?
Nope, Logitech g430.

Razer Deathstalker and Razer Deathadder if that matters. Controller works in games and stuff but it is like the site doesn't even notice it.

Using chrome.

mrmcpowned

Nope, Logitech g430.

Razer Deathstalker and Razer Deathadder if that matters. Controller works in games and stuff but it is like the site doesn't even notice it.

Using chrome.
That's really odd. I had a friend who had a Kraken and since it was recognised as a controller by the system it took the player 1 slot and as such his Xbox controller was never recognised.

Could you visit http://html5gamepad.com and tell me if your xbox controller is picked up there or not?

mrmcpowned

Last edited: