Question / Help Game Lags In-Game With OBS Streaming

LiveWithFields

I have looked through numerous threads of people having the same issue as myself, have tried the different resolutions that people have suggested, but I've finally decided to post here in hopes of an actual fix because, for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. In most games, I say most because not all have this affect, each time I go live on obs, I get a huge decrease in FPS in game, which is then, in turn, noticeable on stream. I originally believed it was because I had monitors of different refresh rates all attached to the one GPU, so I moved my two secondary monitors to the iGPU and my gaming monitor stayed attached to the GPU but this also didn't fix my problem. This is the last act of a very, very desperate man and I'm really hoping I can get this resolved with the help of the community here. I'll post my logs below...

Thanks in advance

https://obsproject.com/logs/2rD7s6A62BWDyPEW

traiLZ

ctrl + alt + del and enter your task manager once you begin streaming.
Figure out whether or not it is bogging down your CPU or RAM (memory usage)
I got great help yesterday or the day before with the same issue, I was able to stream just fine, I got a windows update and all the sudden when I started streaming with OBS my computer was like having a stroke or something. The audio was tearing really bad and the game was running in slow motion almost...
That helped me be able to at least see where the issue was effecting me.... (enter task manager as soon as you start stream)
when your PC is lagging you can see where the stress is.... I don't know OBS well enough to give you settings advice but someone should answer you with good information quickly

LiveWithFields

Once I get back from work I’ll be sure to do that. Just extremely frustrating to have all this expensive equipment sitting in front of me, which I’ve spent hours tweaking for obs to cause issues like this. I’ll post back on here the results I find once I’m home. Thanks

carlmmii

Those logs don't show any recording/streaming attempt, so it's missing critical information as far as where you're experiencing frame loss.

From what it does show though, you have Game Bar and Game DVR enabled, both of which can reduce capture performance.

LiveWithFields

Those logs don't show any recording/streaming attempt, so it's missing critical information as far as where you're experiencing frame loss.

From what it does show though, you have Game Bar and Game DVR enabled, both of which can reduce capture performance.
I had just started it, let it run for a minute or two with the game open, then stopped just to retrieve a log but I will post a new one when I get home. As far as the dvr and game bar, I’m sure I’ve disabled both and once I get back to my pc I’ll post some screen shots to make sure it was done properly. I was wondering that myself when I looked at the logs as to why they still said they were enabled. But the issue only happens once I hit that start stream button. As soon as I stop streaming, my frames return to normal. It’s extremely noticeable in games like rocket league and the new anthem demo

LiveWithFields

Attachments

• unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    373.7 KB · Views: 1,428
  • unknown (2).png
    unknown (2).png
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,415
  • unknown (3).png
    unknown (3).png
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,203
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:

Narcogen

14:37:35.281: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 523; 64-bit)

Windows is out of date and game mode is on. Run the October 2018 update and deactivate game mode. Instructions are below in the signature.

Narcogen

Encoder overload.

11:39:28.650: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 456/1988 (22.9%)

Your CPU isn't able to run your game and the 720p60 capture at the same time. If you can't reduce CPU load some how, suggest using NVENC encoder instead of software x264, or QuickSync.

You're also at the low end of Twitch's suggested bitrate for 720p60, and this may be more noticeable using NVENC.

LiveWithFields

Well then I guess my next question would be, what would you suggest, settings wise, to have a quality solo pc stream with my current specs. Can't begin to explain the numerous hours and money I have wrapped up in all this. At the time, was more than convinced this build would have no problem streaming but I was obviously wrong. I'm hoping to not have to reduce down to 30fps, would leave an extremely bad taste in my mouth

Last edited:

Coolios

I have looked through numerous threads of people having the same issue as myself, have tried the different resolutions that people have suggested, https://walgreenslistens.onl but I've finally decided to post here in hopes of an actual fix because, for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. In most games, I say most because not all have this affect, each time I go live on obs, I get a huge decrease in FPS in game, which is then, in turn, noticeable on stream. I originally believed it was because I had monitors of different refresh rates all attached to the one GPU, so I moved my two secondary monitors to the iGPU and my gaming monitor stayed attached to the GPU but this also didn't fix my problem. This is the last act of a very, very desperate man and I'm really hoping I can get this resolved with the help of the community here. I'll post my logs below...

Thanks in advance

https://obsproject.com/logs/2rD7s6A62BWDyPEW

I have been having this same issue and found it to be chewing a massive amount of my system resources. Fortunately, I had a bigger unit collecting dust but with older OS and gave it a run and it worked fine.

LiveWithFields

what do you mean by bigger unit? a second pc? are you dual pc streaming now? thats what i was trying to avoid but this nvenc encoder seems to be really inferior to x264. really is quite frustrating lol

Your cpu should be fine playing at 1080p and streaming 720p60 but at 2560x1440 I'm certain its a different thing all together.

I would disable the integrated chip, start with blank scene's and profiles and have only 1 source, game capture. My OBS uses less then 16% cpu doing 720p60 at 4800 bitrate with an I5-7600K. If it still doesn't work, try changing your resolution to 1080p to see if it's the solution.

Personally I find anything below 4mbps 720p30 to be "too dirty". What game is it?

LiveWithFields

My problem with 1080 is it would have to be ran at 30 fps i believe, as i am not partnered, therefore, i leaned more towards the 720 at 60. As far as my resolution, native is 2560x1440 but scaled to 1280x720. The only reason my onboard video is enabled was because i read somewhere that monitors of different resolutions on the same gpu can cause an issue, which this was obviously not fixed when i put the 60 fps monitors on the onboard gpu as the problem still persists. When you're streaming at 720p60 and 4800 bitrate, is that on nvenc or x264? I will remove the scenes other than my live one as well though. Had thought that could potentially be an issue as well.

Edit: I actually just noticed you meant playing the game in 1080 rather than 1440.