Question / Help Game Lagging

bipbob

https://gist.github.com/69403299f5ad6d4436e4472c0c435da2

So my issue is that while I am in game I am feeling a huge input lag and am dropping frames even though i am running the game ( Overwatch) at 100+ FPS.When I play without streaming the lag is not there.

My viewers say the stream isn't lagging, so it is something on my end that I need to fix. Hopefully I can find some help here!

This has only started after I got my new PC parts yesterday. I switched from intel to the Ryzen 7. I also reformated windows. What might my issue be?

Thanks.

EBrito

As you rescale in video settings, check output settings and leave rescale unchecked.

Maybe this is what´s happening.

EBrito

Sorry, you are using simple settings.
What I said is only available in advanced settings.

From the log:
18:57:50.806: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 12 (0.5%)

Your GPU is reaching limits

Reduce ingame graphics to leave more room for OBS to render frames.

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-24_0-44-52.png
    upload_2017-3-24_0-44-52.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,851

bipbob

rescaling is unchecked. also im running the game on its lowest settings. also this problem has only happened after i reformated my OS nad got some a new MOB and CPU

EBrito

Have you disabled XBoxDVR in Windows 10? It could be the problem.

Last edited:

wessla

I have similar problem. When i record or broadcast with x264 the gameplay gets stutters.. I can have 100fps+ but it microstutters, its like i have 60 good frames then every 61 frame skips or something. This happens when i elevate priority for OBS, when i dont the stream or record get bad lags, and my OBS warns for rendering impact.

Why is this happening?

To be clear i try alot of different settings, and its only when i get OBS to use like 10% CPU while streaming this stops. I have a i5 4670 and a gtx 1060. I could record with good settings on my old i7 920 and get no stuttering etc.

c0nsecro

Have a similiar problem too ... changed the graficcard and got now framedrops from 70-80 till 10 - 20 and nobody (can) help me ... making a huge monolog here :/

wessla

I have tried turning off Xbox DVR but since it crasches when i enter settings(even after formatting) i tried doing it from regedit, found a key to remove, and added another in a different place. Have no idea if its turned of! :/

wessla

Have a similiar problem too ... changed the graficcard and got now framedrops from 70-80 till 10 - 20 and nobody (can) help me ... making a huge monolog here :/

Yeah i know how this is, there is no real support over these kind of problem, i dont think that ppl really know whats going on etc. When it should work it dont, when it shouldnt work it does etc.

I mean, how can i get better results on my old ~5years computer then my new 2 year old? Im seriously thinking about giving this up and only do local recordings. For me shadowplay works flawlessly Nvenc in OBS works like shit, choppy, underperforming and looks bad.

And when i use x264 and compare my results with others... there are streams whith 2000kbps that looks better then my 5000kbps attempts... My video dont get smooth, it get pixelated, looks like lower resulion etc. my game gets choppy.. and basically no settings makes it better.

And sometimes i get better results... but when i start streaming next time, it lags again hahaha... dont matter if i reformat computer etc. Maby its driverproblems..whatevs

c0nsecro

Yeah i know how this is, there is no real support over these kind of problem, i dont think that ppl really know whats going on etc. When it should work it dont, when it shouldnt work it does etc.

I mean, how can i get better results on my old ~5years computer then my new 2 year old? Im seriously thinking about giving this up and only do local recordings. For me shadowplay works flawlessly Nvenc in OBS works like shit, choppy, underperforming and looks bad.

And when i use x264 and compare my results with others... there are streams whith 2000kbps that looks better then my 5000kbps attempts... My video dont get smooth, it get pixelated, looks like lower resulion etc. my game gets choppy.. and basically no settings makes it better.

And sometimes i get better results... but when i start streaming next time, it lags again hahaha... dont matter if i reformat computer etc. Maby its driverproblems..whatevs

Well, it's a software that is free to use, I think it's realy nice, but you have no real payed coders/workers, so to find and fix the problems is a little bit difficult :( . I've tried XSplit and as I opened it, there are instant two errors that the overlay of origin and nvidia shadowplay won't work ... and that's a software you pay for monthly, if you want the advanced options you got in OBS for free.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your problem, because when I use x264-encoding, I get a very high cpu load (I've got an 7 years old CPU, 6 physical and 6 virtual cores) so there will not be enough ressources for actual games. And I think with an i5, you may got more problems, because you only get 4 physical cores ithoout hyperthreading.

You got an 1060, try to use NVENC and check if the problem will be the same. By the way, you will generaly lost less FPS if you stream with NVENC. The advantage of CPU-rendering are more options to encode so the video gets better, but that's only important when you stream on Twitch and need to put as much as information into 3500 kbit/s. I stream on YouTube, there you got a higher bitrate (I'm streaming in 1080p with 9000 kbit/s and this week I give it a try and raise it till 16000 kbit/s) and for local recordings I use 25000 kbit/s. Here are examples from a live-stream and my local recordings. Maybe you give it a try, but when you stream on Twitch, you need CPU encoding because NVENC with 3500 kbit/s is a lower quality.

VisualV

I personally fixed this for myself. i was trying to record some amnesia but obs would lag me. i know this bc when i turned obs off i was able to run it without any trouble. all i simply did was display my gforce share overlay and steam overlay and it worked perfectly. hope i helped